Sophaholic? (Confessions of a Sophaholic)

Today one our 30/30 participants brought an audio book she purchased a week ago. I scanned the cover page of the CD case and there was something about a book called ‘Confessions of a Sophaholic’. Now, I’m quite sure you can enlighten me on the Sophaholic question? Who are those people, what do they do, what do they like? Have you ever met one, a sophaholic, I mean?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions to the airport[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Must admit I’d never clapped eyes on the word till you produced it out of the hat. All I can do is think of words that sound vaguely similar: soapaholic someone who watches tv soaps endlessly or shopaholic someone who can’t stop shopping.

Alan

Hi Torsten

That looks like a misspelling of “shopaholic”. But maybe it’s just a pun on the book “Confessions of a Shopaholic” and the author’s name: Sophie Kinsella. Apparently there is a whole series of these books. So, if you’re hooked on Sophie’s shopaholic books, then you’d be a “sophaholic”. :lol:

Personally, I’m a “chocoholic” (can’t help myself when I see chocolate. ;))

Amy

Hi Alan and Amy, many thanks for your immediate response – Amy is right, it was a misspelling of “Confessions of a Shopaholic”, that’s the title of the audiobook I was referring to. So, no pun intended here ;-).

Amy do you know that book? Alan, have you heard of the author, Sophie Kinsella? I think she is British. (which, of course does not you mean you will know her ;-).

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Assessing bids[YSaerTTEW443543]