Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group

Topic: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are various ways for a person to study. Some prefer studying alone, others prefer to do it in a group of other students. These two options both have their positive and negative sides. I personally prefer to study in group. I will try to support my opinion in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, if studying in a group, the fast learning students can help the slower ones to catch up with the material. A person could have low learning abilities in class, and the one could always use help from ones classmates, if they are studying together. This practice can benefit both types of students. For example, I often have hard times when it comes to math. When my friends and I are studying together, they are always helping me in that subject. Using their guidance, I am able to achieve much better results on my tests. Moreover, it is good practice for them too.

Secondly, when in group, students are able to share their opinions and thoughts on the subject matter. They can develop their ideas, and see what other people think about them. Also, they can share notes from class, or other knowledge they have from somewhere else. Furthermore, when debating with a bunch of other people, a person is socializing. That way ones team working skills could greatly improve.

Last but not least, I’d like to mention that studying alone has its positive side. When there are many people, a person could easily get distracted. When the one is alone there is nothing to disturb ones studying process. Also, when using that method, you can repeat an exercise as much as you want, without having other people to wait for you.

It can be concluded that, despite having some negative sides, studying with classmates and friends is more beneficial. On the other hand, studying by oneself has its privileges.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Art History

Topic: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are various ways for a person to study. Some prefer studying alone, others prefer to do it in a group of other students. These two options both have their positive and negative sides. I personally prefer to study in group. I will try to support my opinion in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, if studying in a group, the fastER learning students can help the slower ones to catch up with the material. A person could have low learning abilities in class, and thIS one could always use help from ones classmates, if they are studying together. This practice can benefit both types of students. For example, I often have hard times when it comes to math. When my friends and I are studying together, they are always helping me in that subject. Using their guidance, I am able to achieve much better results on my tests. Moreover, it is good practice for them too.

Secondly, when in groupS, students are able to share their opinions and thoughts on the subject matter. They can develop their ideas, and see what other people think about them. Also, they can share notes from class, or other knowledge they have from somewhere else. Furthermore, when debating with a bunch of other people, a person is socializing. That way one’s team working skills could greatly improve.

Last but not least, I’d like to mention that studying alone has its positive side. When there are TOO many people, a person could easily get distracted. When the one is alone there is nothing to disturb ones studying process. Also, when using that method, you can repeat an exercise as much as you want, without having other people to wait for you.

It can be concluded that, despite having some negative sides, studying with classmates and friends is more beneficial. On the other hand, studying by oneself has its privileges
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Worth a ten Meds, well done.

Kitos. *****

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that :slight_smile: