Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are many methods in which students use to study. Some choices they prefer are to study individually and in groups. In my opinion, I prefer to study in a group because of the numerous advantages it has for the success of students.

Firstly, group study enables students to exchange ideas on what was taught in class. Some students are always shy to asked questions when a teacher is lecturing but are at ease to express and ask questions in areas they found difficulties when they are with their peers. For instance, I was always afraid to ask questions in a class because of the numerous unfamiliar faces that were around me, but in our study group, it I felt free to exchange ideas with others because I knew them well.

Secondly, when students study together, it helps the weaker learners to catch up with fast learners. During a professor’s lecture, students understand it at various levels. While others get near all the points, others are adamant and will certainly need the assistance of fast learners. In addition, there are students who study in books and have a lot of difficulties in understanding. Group studies will enable them to seek for possible solutions from group members who may have a good grasp in that domain couple with the fact that they are available to you often than teachers.

Finally, study groups help students to assimilate what they have study individually. In addition to studying in groups, students also study individually and encounter some difficulties. Some times, they are not confident of what they have learned. So, they need to post their problems with their study mates to confirm the content of what you have studied and the possible to meet them is at a group meeting.

To conclude, there are various ways of learning, but group learning is the best because it helps students to exchange ideas on what has been taught in class, help their peers and to share what they have study individually with others.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a research professor and a student

hi, think you must pay attention to your grammar, u have some tense problems. in general i liked your essay. good luck

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are many methods in which students use to study. Some choices they prefer are to study individually and in groups. In my opinion, I prefer to study in a group because of the numerous advantages it has for the success of the students.

Firstly, group study enables students to exchange ideas on what was taught in class. Some students are always shy to ask questions when a teacher is lecturing, but are at ease to express and ask questions in areas they found difficulties in when they are with their peers. For instance, I was always afraid to ask questions in a class because of the numerous unfamiliar faces that were around me, but in our study group, it I felt free to exchange ideas with others because I knew them well.

Secondly, when students study together, it helps the weaker learners to catch up with fast learners. During a professor’s lecture, students understand it at various levels. While others UNDERSTAND all the points, others are SLOWER and will certainly need the assistance of fast learners. In addition, there are students who study in books and have a lot of difficulties in understanding. Group studies will enable them to seek for possible solutions from group members who may have a good grasp in that domain, coupleD with the fact that they are available to you MORE often than teachers.

Finally, study groups help students to assimilate what they have studIED individually. In addition to studying in groups, students also study individually and encounter some difficulties. Some times, they are not confident of what they have learned. So, they need to post their problems with their study mates to confirm the content of what you have studied, and the possiblity to meet AND DISCUSS WITH them at a group meeting.

To conclude, there are various ways of learning, but group learning is the best because it helps students to exchange ideas on what has been taught in class, help their peers and to share what they have studIED individually with others.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very well presented essay Nzuahp. You continue to impress me.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thanks for the corrections Kitos.
I am short of words to express my satisfaction for the effort and time you use to correct my essays.
King regards.

Nare, thanks for your comments.
What part of tenses do you think I need to improve on?

You only get what you deserve Nzuahp. You are a dedicated student, and you really work at improving. You never fail to impress me with your postings.

Kitos.

Thanks for the compliments my dear friend.

Thank you for bringing this excellent essay. In my opinion I think you are one of the people who has a very good style of writing. I appreciate that.
Tomasito

Hello Nare! How are you? :slight_smile:

heyyyyyyy, thank you Tomasito :slight_smile:

Toma, I appreciate your comments . They encourage me to improve.

Hi Nare, you have not yet told me how and where I have to improve on my grammer and tenses.
Your comment puts me at a suspends.

Some students are always shy to asked questions when a teacher is lecturing, this was your wrong tense sentence:)

I will be very happy if you put the sentence in the right format. I really appreciate your correction.
Hope to read from you soon.

Some students are always shy to ask(ed) questions when a teacher is lecturing. this is how it should be. hope you didn’t offend because of my comment.

:-))

hahahha, I made a mistake, worse than my pen mate:)

I was not offended at all Nare. All I wanted was the corrected form of that sentence.

Now, I still think that the sentence was correct because in the English language, every word after “to” takes the infinitive form. Am I correct?

Kitos’ version

When you want to enjoy life, think today as your life’s First day. When you want to achieve something in life, think today as your life’s Last day…

I found it somewhere…

Hello. You are correct, but you wrote there ( to asked).

Thank you all for tracing that grammer error.
This is exactly what I needed from you Nare, to show me exactly where I went wrong.
I always like to learn from my mistakes and this is one.

Once again, thanks for sorting that error.