Some people think that physical strength is important for success in sport, while other people think that mental strength is more important

Many are of the opinion that body condition determines most athletic success, whereas others suggest that mental toughness is crucial. In my view, I believe that physical strength is as important as mental strength in sporting success.

To start with, physical strength has long been regarded as a key factor in sports. In fact, sports players are required to meet strict physical standards prior to participating in any competition. This can be done by getting athletes to go to the gym to run, jump, weight-lift, and flex so that could enhance muscle strength and general skills, such as flexibility, stamina, and endurance to perform challenging actions and avoid injuries during competition. Furthermore, players must carry out a rigorous diet that prone to reduce fat and maximise muscle mass is also one of the important factors contributing to the success of every athlete in each match. It can be best evidenced with bodybuilders. All their meals are highly monitored and measured in detail.

Nevertheless, I tend towards the viewpoint that a strong mentality plays an integral role in success for any sports professionals. This is because in many matches, there are many unexpected situations happening, such as competitor overwhelmed the score, or the main player suffered a sudden injury. This makes them play in a frustrated, distracted spirit, which probably leads to failures. In contrast, althletes with a strong mental health help them overcome fears, pressure during the match, which in turn results in success in sports.

In conclusion, I believe that mental power and physical power have an equal importance to sporting success. In order to be successful, althletes should be mentally tough as well as physically strong.

3 Likes