Some people think that children should begin their formal education at an early

Some people think that children should begin their formal education at an early age and should most of their time on school studies. Others believe that young children should spend most of their time playing. Compare these two views. Which view do you agree with? Why?

Childhood is one of the best stages of human life. It is also one of the fastest transforming stage where humans learn lot of things. The ability of learning is great as compared to any other stages of life. Many people argue that young children should indulge in playing most of time. As every coin has two sides there are also people who oppose this view. They say that children should get most of the education in their childhood. In my view I agree with second group who advocate the notion of imparting education.

First reason I bolster the idea of providing education is related to science. Many research studies have found that young children tend to learn a lot when compared to adults. They are most inquisitive and impulsive to facts that are presented to them. So if the child gets the guidance required at this stage then there are more chances of succeeding later in life. Another point in favour of this argument is that intelligence what we perceive as genetic is not actually genetic rather it is based on the connection between cells that are formed during childhood days. So stimulating these connections is possible only through providing education. This explains the reason why a child with formal education tends to be more intelligent than the one who is not educated.

Second reason I think children should be educated at right stage of life is related to social and psychology. A child who has to go through moral education has to meet new children in the school and make interactions with them. So there will be more social life than the home environment where child is used to the loved ones. This also helps child in developing good communication and social skills which are quite essential for surviving in society. Talking about psychological reasons a child with formal education has the opportunity of sensing independent life. For example a child who has the moral education tends to be more strong and independent than a child with out it.

Finally I think every child has right to education. But this doesn’t mean that child should get education only when it is needed badly. People have to come out of the misconception that children are burdened if they are provided with formal education at early stages of life. In fact education will boost the children’s growth in all spheres of life.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students at their university cafeteria