some people think government should stop investing in space research.

awaiting to be corrected. many many many thanks…

Topic: some people think government should stop investing in space research. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Space research is not a new topic for human beings, on which government has invested astronomical amount of money. On the contrary, many people think it is a waste of tax payers’ money, in some degree. I tend to believe that human beings would definitely benefit from space research, sooner or later.

Some people think space research occupies a nation’s billions fun and a lot of scientists and researching force, whilst there are still many needy people who have always been suffering from poverty and starving problems worldwide. The production of a space toilet might be their entire year’s living expenses.

However, no progress can be gained if we have such a narrow vision. Space research is the foundation for human to make a first step outside our earth into the universe, which can meet human’s curiosity, also the milestone for universe discovery as well.

Furthermore, since the population on earth has almost exploded, the resources have become less, which warns us seriously that asking the universe for the resources we need has become the primary task. Otherwise, there would be one day that all resources were consumed, with nothing left for our next generation.

Thirdly, space research has already brought important benefits such as weather forecast and sunspot warning by variable satellites, which improve people’s daily life quality apparently.

All in all, in my opinion, undoubtfully, the advantages of space research outweigh the disadvantages, so it should be encouraged that it may lead us to a brighter and happier future.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why are red crosses erected on Tanna Island?

hi kitos thank you for your advices and correction.

but could you please tell me what do you mean by “inconsistent with good english”?

“Thirdly, space research has already brought important benefits such as weather forecast and sunspot warning by variable satellites, which improve people’s daily life quality apparently.”

“Some people think space research occupies a nation’s billions fun and a lot of scientists and researching force, whilst there are still many needy people who have always been suffering from poverty and starving problems worldwide.”

Some of your work is OK Kimiomamoru, but I don’t consider the above to be good English

i think i understand.

these days i just focused on writing 2 or more essays per day and omitted the quality of the essays. and i will take ur advices into consideration.

thank you again kitos.

It is far better to write one really good essay, than two hurried ones. Kitos.