Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city

Hello, This is the first post which have had here. Please rate it based on the TOEFL exam. Tnx :wink:

Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which
place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Cities have been being a significant role in the history and incidents which have happened and we can read about those in the history books. But, a question which arises here for evaluating and comparing cities, is that which cities are more suitable for living? A big one or a small one. Personally, I am in a favor of those who are thinking that living in big cities are more profitable than living in small cities because of there exist more job positions, more entertainment and you live in the way you want to.

The first and most important reason is that finding any job in small cities which is fit for you and your expert is really harder than bigger cities because a city with population around some hundreds of thousands person will have both more job positions and job varieties. In contrast, a tiny city has no or a few factory as well as in these places majority of people has a job which is about agriculture directly or indirectly. So, you would not able to choose your job’s field exactly but also in the big cities you could.

Another reason why I choose this choice is that small towns could not able to satisfy big entertainment companies, hyper markets and etc. to install a new branch in their own towns. Because they might think that it could not be a fruitful investment because their customers in these kind of cities are not so much. Also, because of the nature of economy we easily can find out that governmental and non-governmental companies incline to invest in the big cities which will make an evolution for them. This is one of the most important reasons which made these city more progressive.

Last but not the least, if you live in a small town you could not do what you want as easily as you can do in another places because you are familiar for most of people who live there. So, you have to care of your treat not only in where you live but also in everywhere of the city. This is not interesting for me that everyone know you. Even though, it causes to everyone says hello. But I think that the mentioned weakness impelled me to live in a big city.

From what have been discussed above, I reiterate that the advantages of living in a big city largely outweigh the disadvantages as well as it has some distinct advantages over living in a town. So, living in hyper cities would made an interesting life style for us.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in social science class

Hi, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your essay. I think you addressed teh topic well and had a good format for your essay. Your first body paragraph seemed pretty strong, but your writing quality seemed to deteriorate and your last body paragraph was very confusing to me. You have quite a lot of awkward sounding phrases and mistakes in usage. Overall, I would rate this a 3 out of 5.

Thank you very much Luschen for your great tips. I hope to increase my writing level by the help of you.
Best wishes for you