Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students

Nowadays, a large number of students go to university to study something. Some people may think that all classes should require student to take because all classes are worth of taking. However, I believe that it is ineffective for some students seeking on something achievement. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

Firstly, students who study something specialized subjects, such as language and politics should take certain classes because talking other classes are waste of time. For example, when I was a freshman, I had to take two math classes, and I studied hard to get credits in these classes. As a result, It took a large amount of time, and I could not separate time for studying English even TOEFL test is imminent. If I could study for English more then, I could get more high score on TOEFL test. But, I could not excuse, since all these classes are compulsory.

Secondly, Professor want students who have avid interest for specific subject.
Basically, professor study specialized subjects and survey to get fame and find new discover. If students who have interested in specific classes or professor, professor can get motivation and eager to teach more deep information to students. As a result, it leads to improving class quality and student’s ambition for a certain subject. If students have to take classes even they are indifferent to study but they have no choice to graduate from university, it must waste time for both students and professors in terms of education.

In conclusion, Many people nowadays take many classes even they are not interested in, because these are required to graduate from school. If school stop this system, students can take classes which are worth of taking or essential to achieve their dream. In addition, it will raise quality of classes.
Therefore, I strongly believe that university should give students to chose their own preference.

2 Likes

Nowadays, a large number of students go to university to study something. Some people think that you should take all the courses because it is worth taking all the courses. However, I believe that this is ineffective for some students who want to achieve something. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in the following essay.

First, students who are studying something specific, such as language and politics, should take certain courses because talking about other courses is a waste of time. For example, when I was a freshman, I had to take two math courses, and I studied hard to get points in those courses. This cost me a lot of time, and I could not divert time to study English even though the TOEFL test was imminent. If I studied more for English, I could get a higher score on the TOEFL test. But I could not excuse myself because all these courses are compulsory.

Secondly, professors want students who are interested in a certain subject.
Basically, professors study specific topics and surveys to gain fame and new knowledge. When students are interested in certain courses or the professor, the professor can be motivated and provide deeper information to the students. This leads to an improvement in teaching quality and student ambition for a particular subject. If students have to take courses even if they don’t want to study, but have no other choice to get a university degree, it is a waste of time for students and professors in terms of education.

In summary, many people nowadays take many courses even if they are not interested in them because they are required for graduation. If the school eliminates this system, students will be able to take courses that are worth taking or are essential to achieving their dream. It will also increase the quality of instruction.
Therefore, I strongly believe that the university should allow students to choose their own preferences.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! I took notes what you revised and it was really helpful.
Next time, I will post more good essay!!

1 Like

Hello Kei, welcome to the site. Before you write your next essay, you might also want to read this:

1 Like