Some people believe success in sports is due to fitness and physical conditions

Some people believe success in sports is due to fitness and physical conditions while others argue that mental state is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

To win a game in sports usually requires a large amount of time of practice, and some even consider luck as one of the factors. Thus, a number of people think that to succeed in competition means that they have to stay in the best physical condition while they compete. On the other hand, others believe that the mental status is the key factor in winning. In this essay, I will examine both points of view and state what I think.
As we all know, athletes practice sports so they can improve their skills, and ultimately have more fun on the field. In addition, such act of regular practice helps to build up stamina which leads to outstanding, body condition. In most countries, taking a sports physical exam now and then can help determine whether the athlete is in the best situation to represent for its nation. Also, by monitoring a person’s physical condition can make one understand his physical strength, which is extremely important for someone who intend to play an exhausting game.
However, a person’s mental status is another factor that may have huge impact on how the athlete will play on the sports ground. For example, if a basketball player comes across an unhappy event earlier in the day, he may not be able to concentrate while playing on court. Therefore, for a person who is capable of dunking suddenly may possibly find it difficult to achieve. Moreover, if a person who was to compete in a game the next day and could not fall asleep due to the excitement he feels for the coming tournament, a sleepy mental status undoubtedly shall do no good to him.
To sum up, I would recommend that both factors could affect the results of a game, and that none of which is more important than the other.

TOEFL listening lectures: How did Queen Elizabeth acknowledge the English victory?

Some people believe success in sports is due to fitness and physical conditions while others argue that mental state is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

To win a game in sports usually requires a large amount of time of practice, and some even consider luck as one of the factors. Thus, a number of people think that to succeed in competition means that they have to stay in the best physical condition while they compete. On the other hand, others believe that the mental status is the key factor in winning. In this essay, I will examine both points of view and state what I think.

As we all know, athletes practice sports so they can improve their skills, and ultimately have more fun on the field. In addition, such acts of regular practice helps to build up stamina which leads to an outstanding body condition. In most countries, taking a sports physical exam now and then can help determine whether the athlete is in the best situation to represent their nation. Also, by monitoring a person’s physical condition can make one understand his physical strength, which is extremely important for someone who intends to play an exhausting game.
However, a person’s mental status is another factor that may have a huge impact on how the athlete will play on the sports ground. For example, if a basketball player comes across an unhappy event earlier in the day, he may not be able to concentrate while playing on court. Therefore, for a person who is capable of dunking suddenly may possibly find it difficult to achieve. Moreover, if a person who was to compete in a game the next day and could not fall asleep due to the excitement he feels for the coming tournament, a sleepy mental status undoubtedly shall do no good to him.
To sum up, I would recommend that both factors could affect the results of a game, and that neither of which is more important than the other.

An excellent essay Nancy. You never fail to turn in good work.

Kitos. 10/10*****

Thanks so much, Kitos.
Your comments really mean a lot to me.
Thx again!

Nancy