Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

Money is an indispensable need among people all over the world. Particularly, in modern societies, living without money is absolutely absurd. Regarding the topic question, some people prefer to learn their children how to earn money and try for it by forcing them to take high grades while others believe that this method is inappropriate for children. Both sides have their own reasons to support their views. I do personally believe that this idea would be more instructive for children. Here are the reasons why.
First of all, I think this method is instructive for children from the perspective view of trying to study harder to gain high grades for their courses. In more detail, I could say that children know that with money they can buy anything they want without their parent’s permission, so this would be a good goal for them to study hard to earn money and the result will be increased knowledge and this would be win-win for both children and parents. I would like to give an example of my own experience. I remember during my school period I wasn’t good at mathematics. My parents got me a private teacher but continuously I didn’t have any progress because I was disappointed about this hard course. I needed good motivation. Meanwhile, my father offered me money if I could get a high score in mathematics. I was so surprised at that time because I could bye a bicycle for myself. So, the money forced me to dedicate 8 hours per day to mathematics, and finally, I got an A grade in this course.
There is also another subtle point about giving money for each high grade to children. I think by doing this way, children will learn how hard is to earn money and this would be a good experience for their future. Research has proved that everyone who is successful now in his or her career, certainly had experience in earning money and knew how to try for it. So this would be a guarantee for future life. For instance, my father says to me that when he was a school-age child, my grandfather paid him money for each high grade he got. He believes that this was good courage for him to become a well-known businessman today.
To sum up, different people have different opinions about offering money to their children or not, with positive and negative aspects. I strongly believe that it is more rational to offer them money for each high grade they get in school not only to increase their knowledge but also, to make their future by learn them to try hard for earning money.

1 Like

Money is an indispensable need for people all over the world. Especially in modern societies, life without money is absolutely absurd. As for the issue, some people prefer to teach their children how to earn money and strive for it by forcing them to write good grades, while others believe that this method is unsuitable for children. Both sides have their own reasons to support their views. Personally, I believe that this idea is more educational for children. Here are the reasons why.
First of all, I think this method is more instructive for children because they have to try harder to get good grades. More specifically, I could say that children know that they can buy anything they want with money without their parents’ permission, so this would be a good goal for them to study hard to earn money, and the result will be greater knowledge, and this would be a win-win situation for children and parents. I would like to give an example from my own experience. I remember when I was in school, I was not good at math. My parents got me a private tutor, but I didn’t make any progress because I was disappointed with this hard course. I needed a good motivation. In the meantime, my father offered me money if I got a high score in math. At that time, I was very surprised because I could buy a bicycle. So the money forced me to spend 8 hours a day on math, and eventually I got an A in that course.
There is another subtle point about giving kids money for every good grade. I think this way kids learn how hard it is to earn money, and that would be a good experience for their future. Research has shown that everyone who is successful in their career today has experience in earning money and knows how to go about it. So that would be a guarantee for future life. For example, my father tells me that when he was a school kid, my grandfather paid him money for every good grade he got. He believes that this was good courage for him to become a well-known businessman today.
To sum up, different people have different opinions about whether to give money to their children or not, with positive and negative aspects. I strongly believe that it is more reasonable to give them money for every good grade in school, not only to increase their knowledge, but also to secure their future by learning to work hard to earn money.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time, appreciate it. Besides my grammar mistakes, can I ask whether my reasons are good or bad? Are they according to the topic or not?!

1 Like

I think your essay lacks a bit of depth as money is a rather complex topic. Please watch this video, take notes and share what you understand here on the forum so we can have a more substantive and meaningful discussion: