Some parents buy their children a large number of toys-task2

Some parents buy their children a large number of toys to play with. What are the advantages and disadvantages for the children of having a large number of toys.

Without a doubt, toys play a central role on development and well-being of children. However, some parents buy a large number of toys for their children. This behavior leads to some positive and negative aspect on children life. Here, I would like to account for both merits and demerits of this trend.

There are many manifold advantages of this phenomenon. First and foremost, toys have an important role in educating children so having wide variety of toys would bring more opportunities to learning new subjects. In addition, this diversity of toys would fill all free time of children thus they rarely become bored or spend more time in front of television. Moreover, these days most of the families have one child therefore, children can make relationship with their toys as their siblings or friends. Therefore, having more toys would bring more connection for them.

On the other hand, it has some drawbacks too. To begin, in the most of circumstances, children never play with their current toys and they ask for new ones. In fact, they do not feel satisfaction with their toys as they have more than their needs. Furthermore, day by day they become more selfish and arrogant in front of their friends who do not have as toys as them. Consequently, they would lose their friends in playgrounds and become lonelier than the past.

To sum up, after analyzing both pros and cons of buying a large number of toys for children, it seems that pros outweigh cons. To reduce all negative aspect of this trend, it is highly recommended, parent should teach children how to behave toward their friends and share their toys with them.

TOEFL listening lectures: When was Angkor Wat constructed?

Hi Minooee, I thought you did a pretty good job with this essay. You have some good insights and have communicated them fairly effectively. You do have quite a few minor errors though, that make your essay sound somewhat unnatural here and there. Overall, I would rate this a band 6.5