I have got some other questions from the book I would like to ask of you to help me with.
- Does the ‘lie out’ suggest a sense of spreading or stretching out?
- Could this portion be reworded as: any orders but of the Free People?
- Does the underlined phrase mean ‘to carry out his authority by due rights’?
- Does this sound like ‘get a move first, give a talk next’?
- Does ‘full tale’ imply something like ‘full bill’ or ‘full debt’?
Terribly sorry for too many questions and thank you so very much in advance.
I would also suggest except
Perhaps: exercise his authority within appropriate limits
I would suggest: Attack first and then discuss (have a discussion)
‘tale’ is an archaic or literary word meansing ‘total’ or ‘number’. Here it could mean ‘total amount’.
Thank you very much, sir, and I got from you what I wanted.