some Idioms to read

1. A bit much
    • If something is excessive or annoying, it is a bit much.
  2. A chain is no stronger than its weakest link
    • This means that processes, organizations, etc, are vulnerable because the weakest person or part can always damage or break them.
  3. A day late and a dollar short
    • (USA) If something is a day late and a dollar short, it is too little, too late.
  4. A fool and his money are soon parted
    • This idiom means that people who aren’t careful with their money spend it quickly. ‘A fool and his money are easily parted’ is an alternative form of the idiom.
  5. A fool at 40 is a fool forever
    • If someone hasn’t matured by the time they reach forty, they never will.
  6. A hitch in your giddy-up
    • If you have a hitch in your giddy-up, you’re not feeling well. (‘A hitch in your gittie-up’ is also used.)
  7. A lick and a promise
    • If you give something a lick and a promise, you do it hurriedly, most often incompletely, intending to return to it later.
  8. A little bird told me
    • If someone doesn’t want to say where they got some information from, they can say that a little bird told them.
  9. A little learning is a dangerous thing
    • A small amount of knowledge can cause people to think they are more expert than they really are.eg. he said he’d done a course on home electrics, but when he tried to mend my table lamp, he fused all the lights! I think a little learning is a dangerous thing
  10. A long row to hoe
    • Something that is a long row to hoe is a difficult task that takes a long time.
  11. A lost ball in the high weeds
    • A lost ball in the high weeds is someone who does not know what they are doing, where they are or how to do something.
  12. A OK
    • If things are A OK, they are absolutely fine.
  13. A penny for your thoughts
    • This idiom is used as a way of asking someone what they are thinking about.
  14. A penny saved is a penny earned
    • This means that we shouldn’t spend or waste money, but try to save it.

Thank you it’s very useful to know = ) Right now I have hitch in my giddy-up.

dear I Hope you feel like a millione

1. Feel like a million ( or feel like a million dollars )

• If you feel like a million, you are feeling very well (healthy) and happy.

I love learning idioms! thanks a lot!!
do you have any common slang that is suitable for beginner?

I do feel like a million!

Hi, I can send just some idioms like those, do you think dose it work?

That’s Great LazN1000 !!

In fact, the above-mentioned idioms are kind of awkwardness to me.

I’m going to use this idioms in sentences. If someone can correct me,I will be thankful.

1 ) You talking a bit much.

1. Can’t find any sentence in which I can use this idiom.

2. Can’t find any sentence in which I can use this idiom.

4 ) I said you,you need to be more careful with your money. It’s same as A day late and a dollar short, but how we can use this in sentence?
Maybe if someone tell us, I spend all money I got. Than we answer with this idiom, A day late and a dollar short?

5 ) A fool at 40 is fool forever

1. You look like you have hitch in your giddy-up, or I have hitch in my giddy-up?

2. You promised me to take care of my dogs, I thought it won’t be a lick and a promise.

3. Who’s told you that? A little bird told me. It seems that this is only way to use this idiom.

4. Well this is exactly the same as a small amount of knowledge is dangerous a thing. If someone talking to much, pretending that he is some extra talented , and it’s obviously he’s not, we would say, A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

5. Officer asked me to arrest ten drug dealers in five days,it seems as a long row to hoe.

6. Oh my god,you acting like a lost ball in the high weeds,you doing everything completely wrong.

7. How do you feel, A OK.

8. hmm don’t know maybe I would like to know a penny for your thoughts, could I have penny for your thoughts, or?

9. You spending your money very fast,you should know that , a penny saved is a penny earned.

hello, every non-native speaker,
I wonder how many idioms or vocabularies in which you all learn a day.

I know rote-learning isn’t a good method to learn english.
You know, I am always struggling how can I learn the real english.

it’s true LazN1000 but can be helpful , "Don’t jump to a conclusion " !

Jump to a conclusion

• If someone jumps to a conclusion, they evaluate or judge something without a sufficient examination of the facts.

The Lady And The Cookies

A young lady was in an airport waiting for her flight. Since she had some time to spare she brought along a book and a bag of cookies.

She sat down opened the book and the bag of cookies. A man was seated right beside her. After sometime she picked up a cookie from the bag. The man did the same. This irritated her and she was thinking, “how dare this man.”

But because she did not want to cause a scene she let it pass. After awhile she again picked another cookie and the man did the same. She picked one and the man did the same.

She was really getting mad now but again she had to control her temper. Finally there was one piece left and she was wondering what the man would do. She did not have to wait long. The man took the cookie, and broke it in half. He ate the other half leaving the other for her.

She almost exploded but managed to curb her temper. Finally her flight was called. Still fuming from her experience she went into the plane and took her seat. She opened her bag to look for something when she noticed that she still had her bag of cookies.

Untouched and unopened. Then she realized that she had forgotten that her cookies were in her bag. She was eating from the man’s bag of cookies. And to think that she was mad and irritated. And to think that she wanted to get mad at the man for his lack of manners. And to think that the man shared the last cookie. He did not say anything; he just broke the last cookie in half and left. She realized that she would never be able to explain what she had done.

And what she felt. She felt so stupid because she realized that he not she was sharing the cookies. She wanted to apologize but the man was no longer there with her

what a easy-read story! It’s really good for my english level. Thanks so much Porandokht!

you are most welcome

Hahahaha Porandokht, interesting story at all. Or the girl was very pretty, or the man was very kind. ;D There is no third solution. ;D

Being able to work and teach English abroadat home gives me more time with loved ones. Whether I’m working and make money online
in the same room as my fiancée or in the next room, just being “near by” is enough to make me feel more comfortable.
And since I can travel and visit family and work at the same time, it’s a perfect situation to be with everyone and not lose out on how to teach English online and get money

Hi, I don’t know whether anyone would share his cookies with me or no? !! :wink: