Some businesses now say that no one can smoke cigarettes in any of their offices.

It seems to me that smoking cigarette is among the bad habits people cannot easily quit. That is to say, it causes many serious diseases and oral health problems. Not only does smoking damage health of those who smoke, but also other surrounding people. Personally, I do agree with the idea that smoking in public places should be banned. And, I would like to give my reasons to support that idea in following essays.

First of all, smoking is unhealthy for smokers. In considering the effects of smoking on smokers, it causes several diseases, including lung cancer, respiratory problems, atherosclerosis, and digestive system malfunctions. As a matter of fact, over 5 million of people are dead every year as a result of smoking. People who get into smoking habits once normally find it is difficult resisting themselves from that behavior. Some of them even have to attend smoking cessation program in hospital for months particularly for reducing or stopping consumption. As an indirect cost, if companies allow their workers to smoke in workplaces, it may incur the cost of reduced work productivity, employees taking long work breaks too often, and absenteeism.

Second of all, smoking in public places cause health problems not only to smokers themselves, but also other people surrounding them, which is called “passive smoking”. They also have increased risk of lung cancer if they are exposed to other people who are smoking for long periods of time. Moreover, passive smoking greatly affects young children and toddlers even more in that they might have increased risk of undeveloped organs. The result is that just because they are very sensitive and have less strong immune system. On the other hand, smokers themselves can psychologically influence other persons near them to smoke. Most smokers more likely have adopted their smoking habits during their childhood. Thus, the parent should be the key to solve this problem in considering quitting smoking as soon as possible so as to be the best example for their children.

In conclusion, even the argument on “Smoking in public places should be banned or not?” seems to be very controversial nowadays. However, when evaluating its both direct and indirect negative impact to society, I personally believe smoking in public places should be banned. Mainly because it is one of the top killers for people’s death each year and also significantly bring about economic cost to both companies and government. If the government is able to enact the law of controlling this unpleasant behavior, it might increase the risk in aforementioned aspects to a very great deal.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (2)

It seems to me that smoking cigaretteS is among the bad habits people cannot easily quit. That is to say, it causes many serious diseases and oral health problems. Not only does smoking damage THE health of those who smoke, but also other surrounding people. Personally, I do agree with the idea that smoking in public places should be banned. And, I would like to give my reasons to support that idea in THE following ESSAY.

First of all, smoking is unhealthy for smokers. In considering the effects of smoking on smokers, it causes several diseases, including lung cancer, respiratory problems, atherosclerosis, and digestive system malfunctions. As a matter of fact, over 5 million of people are dead DIE every year as a result of smoking. People who get into smoking habits once normally THE HABIT OF SMOKING find it is difficult resisting themselves REFRAIN from that behavior. Some of them even have to attend A smoking cessation program in hospital for months(,) particularly for reducing or stopping consumption. As an indirect cost, if companies allow their workers to smoke in workplaces, it may incur the cost of reduced work productivity, employees taking long work breaks too often, and absenteeism.

Second of all, smoking in public places causeS health problems not only to smokers themselves, but also other people surrounding them, which is called “passive smoking”. They also have increased risk of lung cancer if they are exposed to other people who are smoking for long periods of time. Moreover, passive smoking greatly affects young children and toddlers even more(,) in that they might have increased risk of undeR-DEVEloped organs. The result is that just because they are very sensitive and have less strong immune systemS. On the other hand, smokers themselves can psychologically influence other persons near them to smoke. Most smokers more likely have adopted their smoking habits during their childhood. Thus, the parent should be the key to solve this problem in considering quitting smoking as soon as possible(,) so as to be the best example for their children.

In conclusion, even the argument on “Smoking in public places should be banned or not?” seems to be very controversial nowadays. However, when evaluating its both direct and indirect negative impactS to society, I personally believe smoking in public places should be banned. Mainly because it is one of the top CAUSES OF people’s deathS each year(,) and also significantly bringS about THE economic costS to both companies and government.

In conclusion; If the government is able to enact the law of controlling this unpleasant behavior, it might DEcrease the risk in aforementioned aspects to a very great /deal/EXTENT.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I think you worked hard with this one Sarunnio. You covered the topic well.

Kitos. 7.5/10