Smooth writing?

I am writing an introduction of my paper but there is no model that I can copy (with miner edition). Could you help me to read and edit some sentences that are not correct.

Thank you very much.

According to the past 24 years (1984-2007) of rotavirus surveillance conducted by our laboratory in Japan, G1P[8] was the most predominant genotype (9). However, the new variants G2 and G3 emerged to become the leading genotypes from 2001-2004 (10). In addition to the common genotype, unusual genotypes such as G1P[4], G2P[8], G3P[4], G3P[9], and G9P[6] have been also reported between 2003 and 2007 (10-13).

During 1948 to 2007 (??I want to say that between these years), in the year 2003, we introduced multiplex RT-PCR for diagnosis of rotavirus with other diarrhea viruses. Since its introduction, we have reported the prevalence of rotaviruses in fecal specimens from infants and children with acute gastroenteritis in five different places (Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Saga, and Maizuru) in Japan. Those data have been published with overall prevalence of rotavirus infection in each year but they have not been mentioned how prevalent individual areas were.

It is considered to be important to describe the trend of prevalent rotaviruses in each area. The main objective of this study was to survey rotavirus genotypes continuously after the preceding study and to analyze the prevalent genotypes of rotavirus in individual area by using previously reported (2003-2007) and present results (2007-2009).

In rotavirus surveillance conducted by our laboratory in Japan from 1984 to 2007, G1P[8] was the predominant genotype (9). However, the new variants G2 and G3 emerged to become the leading genotypes from 2001 to 2004 (10). In addition to the common genotypes, unusual genotypes such as G1P[4], G2P[8], G3P[4], G3P[9], and G9P[6] were also reported between 2003 and 2007 (10-13).

In 2003, we introduced multiplex RT-PCR for diagnosis of rotavirus with other diarrhea viruses. Since its introduction, we have reported the prevalence of rotaviruses in fecal specimens from infants and children with acute gastroenteritis in five different Japanese locations (Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Saga, and Maizuru). Those data indicating the overall prevalence of rotavirus infection in each year have been published, but they have not indicated how prevalent it was in individual areas.

Since it is important to describe the trend of prevalent rotaviruses in each area, the main objective of this study was to survey rotavirus genotypes continuously from the preceding study and to analyze the prevalent genotypes of rotavirus in individual areas by using previously reported (2003-2007) and current (2007-2009) results.

Subarashii!!! Thank you very very much Mister Micawber-sensei. :slight_smile:

My pleasure. I just hope I don’t catch a rotavirus from this thread.

But be careful norovirus! much more severe than rotavirus in Japan. hehe