Slack is not working till now - Is this correct

As of writing this post - Slack (software) is not working, so can I say:
Slack is not working till now, I will check it later.
Or
Slack has not worked till now, I will check it later.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Slack is not working so far, I will check it later.

Thanks Torsten!

1 Like

Another possibility would be:
“Slack is not back up yet. I’ll check [it] again later.”

2 Likes

Thanks Arinker - however this is lengthy! I prefer Torsten’s crisp answer!

2 Likes

Well, our two versions are almost identical in length :wink:

2 Likes

Not lengthy, agreed, however it appears to be little bit difficult (not exactly, but kind of)!

2 Likes

I think Slack has not worked till now, I will check it later. is more suitable.

3 Likes

This version is a good option if the problem is server side. You would not say this if the problem was client side.

“Slack is not working…”
This version can be used if the problem is either client side or server side.

2 Likes

Correct! As we most probably can not understand what is broken while accessing Slack, “back up” is not the correct word. “Slack is not working” is better option

2 Likes

“Slack is not working” is the better option .

1 Like

I suggest another possibility if you are using the software for the first time - Slack isn’t working so far. By the way, it’s an unfortunate name for software.

2 Likes

Well, there are sources that claim that SLACK is an acronym which stands for Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge.

2 Likes

The Slack website is currently reporting to customers that the system is “up and running” and that the uptime for October is 100.00%. I’ve always heard the terms “up” and “down” used to indicate whether a service was available for use, regardless of the cause.

3 Likes

Thanks Alan!

:grin:
If you watch Indian Movies (after 90s), not sure what could be your comment - Every thing like … murder, rape, drugs, abuse, prostitution - are shown as Progressive and Liberal acts, under the name of Freedom of Speech - progressive and liberals support these.
Movies were based on some concepts - like humor - justice - relations etc., till 1990. After that, progressive and liberal trends have begun.

2 Likes