Simple Present (Unit 7)

I drink juice daily.
He goes to school every day.
She drives the car.
The cat runs within the house.
He says the truth.
You drink too much water.

Hi

Here are the examples of simple present.

My name is Leepakshi. I am from India. I am a home make. Currently, I am in the U.S.

Hello teachers,

Please, can you correct my sentences?

I usually come back later on Thursday.
You go on trip every summer.
She drinks a cup of coffe every morning.
He gets me some flowers when I am sad.
We know everything about you.
They run very fast.
Be careful when you drive.

Thanks,
Cachita

I usually come back later on Thursdays. - this means that on a Thursday you come back later than you do on other days. You need the plural ‘Thursdays’ because ‘usually’ indicates it happens on more than one Thursday.
Check the spelling: ‘coffee’.

The rest are fine. :slight_smile:

Hi; I speak too much. I don’t know how much i know! She looks like an angel.
We drink a lot. She works in care home. She gets there on time. I love my wife.
I know it’s stupid. Please you can say something. We came to school too early.
He runs very speedily.

I came to my office at 9:00 am. Then we go for a meeting.
I already know, what you want to say.
They run to get her as fast as they could.
He drives the car really fast.

I came to my office at 9:00 am, then we went to a meeting,

I already know what you want to say. (no comma)

They run to get her as fast as they can.
They ran to get her as fast as they could.

hi,suny:
if i try to create simple sentence using simple pressent it will be like this;
“my name is abdirahim i live in gptenborg sweden. i don’t work.My friend’s name is ahmed and he drives a bus.”

All sentences should begin with a capital letter. The pronoun ‘I’ should always be written as a capital letter.

‘to come’, ‘to go’, ‘to drink’, ‘to get’, ‘to drive’, ‘to know’, ‘to say’, ‘to run’

I go to the pub with my best friend James. We do not by car but we are going
on foot. We drink a little because we know that tomorrow we have to go to work.
We do not say anything. All of as knows what we can get at home :slight_smile:

I have no creative invention today!
Regards

MrTolek

Hi, my name is Magguy. I 'm from Haiti and Has been living in New York for many years. I enjoy outdoor activities and go to museums, theaters and concerts. However, my sister adores music and dance. My friends and I like to watch good movies at home on weekends can go . I am wondering what if we can go to the city this weekend because of the weather. We practice English everyday between us .

Exercise: Build some simple present sentences with the verbs ‘to come’, ‘to go’, ‘to drink’, ‘to get’, ‘to drive’, ‘to know’, ‘to say’, ‘to run’.

I come I go I drink I get I drive I know I say I run
You come You Go You drink You get You drive You know You say You run
She/He /It comes She/He/It goes She/he It drinks She/He/ It gets She/he/it drives She/He/ It know she/he/it says She/he/It runs
We come We go We drinK We get We drive we know We say we run
You come You go You drink you get you drive You know you say you run
They come They go they drink They get they drive They know they say they run

Dear Faiz .

“I want to ask you something ?” is not a question but a statement and you don´t need the question mark “?”

I read the lesson about the simple present. But How can I use in the speech ? At what time ?
You use the simple present whenever you are speaking about things that are happening now

Hello Emma,

I can’t tell whether you are asking a question about the use of the simple present tense or not, because you seem to have answered your own question in your last line.

Exercise: Build some simple present sentences with the verbs ‘to come’, ‘to go’, ‘to drink’, ‘to get’, ‘to drive’, ‘to know’, ‘to say’, ‘to run’.
I go to work every day at 8 o´clock.
But at 3 pm I come home to eat a delicious meal and I usually drink lemonnade.
Later I drive to the super and I get something for dinner, and something for the next morning breakfast.
I take my dogs for a walk everyday in the afternoon, they love to run in the field and dig in the grass, sometimes they have to run from others dogs that try to bite them, and I have to run too.

greetings emma ; )

Dear beeesneees
I was replying to Faiz questions.
I wasn´t asking anything.
The last post is the exercise for the simple present. Is it all rigth?
Thanks for your advice.
emma ; )

I go to work every day at 8 o´clock.
At 3 pm I come home to eat a delicious meal and I usually drink lemonade. (‘But’ is not usually used at the beginning of a sentence.)
Later, I drive to the supermarket and I get something for dinner, and something for the next morning’s breakfast.
I take my dogs for a walk every afternoon, they love to run in the field and dig in the grass. Sometimes they have to run from others dogs that try to bite them, and I have to run too. (‘Every day’ (a two word expression) means daily/each day. ‘Everyday’ (a one word expression) actually just means ordinary or commonplace, so it is not correct here. You used the correct phrase in your first sentence. In addition, you do not need ‘every day’ when specifying ‘every morning’, ‘every afternoon’. Your sentence was over-long (comma splice).
bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises … age_07.htm

Build some simple present sentences with the verbs ‘to come’, ‘to go’, ‘to drink’, ‘to get’, ‘to drive’, ‘to know’, ‘to say’, ‘to run’.
I go to school every day with my dad. He drives the car and comes to take me by the end of the day.
The teacher says " don’t run".
My sister drinks milk.

I get up early every morning.
They eat breakfast at 7am.
she plays basketball since childhood.
He watches channel 7 every night.

The others are correct, but this one needs some work:
she plays basketball since childhood.
as it is missing a capital letter and is written in the wrong tense if you are using ‘since childhood’.

She has played basketball since childhood.
More commonly, I would expect to see/hear:
She has played basketball since she was a child.