Should we be in a hurry? Pls assess my essay. Thanks so much!

Some people are always in a hurry to go places and get things done. Other people prefer to take their time and live life at a slower pace. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It cannot be denied that time is one of the most valuable things in our life. However, should we be always in a hurry to utilize it completely? I think we should not. In my view, we should spend time it efficiently and wisely instead, that is to say, we should control our time and live at a proper pace. I believe it will bring more benefits for us.

To begin with, when we take our time and live slower, we will enhance our ability to solve the problem. At the same time, we can control our work much easier. Also, we can have the whole view of matter, deciding what need to be done, what is the goal to achieve, etc. As a result, our work will be completed more effectively and we will have a greater chance to be successful. If we are in a hurry, we often feel as if everything seems a great burden on our shoulder. Consequently, we will suffer serious strain and thus, our productivity will decrease considerably.

Furthermore, the world we are living in is wonderful and full of love. Hurry will make us as busy as a bee and thus, it leaves no time for us to develop the relationships we attain. Clearly, we will be workaholic and simultaneously, indifferent and apathetic to others. What is more, when we are occupied, we will not have chance to enjoy our life. We often have a tendency to avoid going picnics, traveling or going out with friends in order to spend more time studying and working. Although it is advantageous for our career and study, it makes our life boring and banal as well. We had better “live slowly, think different and love more”. It is my favorite quote in a psychological book I borrowed from the library.

All in all, we ought not to be always in a hurry. Do not be ambitious to utilize absolutely your time. It will be counterproductive. Likewise, we will be exhausted and stressful. Therefore, living at slower pace will help us be more successful and enjoyable in our life.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss an experiment with dummies?

Great job! I liked it very much. Be careful with the future tenses because in cases that you have to use the present tense, you use the future one. I would score it 25-26/30. That’s only my opinion, I am not a native speaker. Good luck

hello Iris !!! :slight_smile:
Thanks so much for your corrections! I’ll pay more attention to the tense :slight_smile:

By the way, how is your preparation for the Toefl iBt ? Only one month left :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m fairly certain this should be: deciding what needs to be done.

…And this is how I would rewrite the whole sentence:
Also, we can have the whole perspective on the matter, deciding what needs to be done, what the goal to achieve is, etc.

Take my advice with a pinch of salt, of course! :slight_smile:

Thanks Cristina.co. I intend to ask Iris about her correction. Thanks to your sentence, I have understood :slight_smile: