should Professor focus time on research or education? Pls check on it, thanks(:&g

[color=darkred]Topic:Some people think that a university professor should focus time on doing research; while others think that the main role of a professor is to educate students in a university. What is your opinion and why?

“Teaching and scientific research” always come together on the introduction of a university. Automatically, they are inseparable works for the professors. Therefore, in my view, university professors should equally attend to teaching and research.

First of all, no matter which one overtake time and thought of a professor, it will eventually affect carrying on the other. It is generally considered that the less attention the professors pay, the more pessimistic their students feel, and then followed by a dropping grade. In reverse, if professors soak into the teaching entirely, their achievement would be less than stellar.

In fact, professors in today’s university always have an assistant team, which is usually a group of senior students, deal with elementary labratory works and help tutoring the students. This method allows an interactive and accessible learning process among junior students and their senior fellows of similar age. In the mean time, professors can constantly working on their ongoing researchs and keep up the syllabus by supervising the assistant team. Additionally, web technology makes it more easier than a bustling professor. Information and thoughts feedback and exchange almost simultaneously on the internal network of great speed and free of charge.

Besides, scientific research requires a lot of information sharing and cooperation with the other universities. Professors who don’t get involve in it sufficiently, will not bringing those freshed and cutting-edge knowledge back to their students. Recommended by the professors, some of their students can have the opportunity participating in such program, they will benefit not only in learning but also in
their future professional path. Moreover, during closely connected with the students, professors are likely to discover an out-of-box idea or even a future star which will in return contribute to their research.

In a word, with the help, university professors can not just achieve a balance in teaching and scientific research,these works promote each other either.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Biology

Hi, I am not an English teacher, but as a native speaker I have made some comments on your essay. It is good for the most part, but there are some words you have used incorrectly and a few sentences in which I really couldn’t understand quite what you were trying to say. A couple more I understood, but still sound very awkward to me.

Thank you very very much. I altered it(red line), could you check on it again please, thank you again.

Teaching and scientific research are inseparable functions for university professors, [color=darkred]neither of its work could be virtualy overlooked by the professors. Therefore, in my view, they should equally attend to teaching and research.

First of all, [color=darkred]no matter how much time each function overly takes from the other, it will eventually affect each other’s work. It is generally considered that the less attention the professors pay, the more pessimistic their students feel, and this is then followed by a dropping grade. In contrast, if professors delve into the teaching entirely, their achievement would be less than stellar.

In fact, professors in today’s university always have an assistant team, which is usually a group of senior students, to deal with elementary labratory work and help tutor the students. This method allows an interactive and accessible learning process among junior students and their senior fellows of similar age. In the mean time, professors can constantly work on their ongoing research and ensure teaching rate of
progress by supervising the assistant team. Additionally, web technology makes it easier for a bustling professor. [color=darkred]For exemple, he can video chat on an ipad with his students or assistants wherever he is and whenever he need to, to make sure there is not any slackers or chaos.

Besides, scientific research requires a lot of information sharing and cooperation with other universities and institutes.Professors who don’t get involved in it sufficiently, will not be bringing fresh and cutting-edge knowledge back to their students. [color=darkred]And some of them, who are recommended by their professor, would have the opportunity to participate in it too. These students get to meet people in the same field around the country and even around the world. They will benefit not only in learning but also in their future professional path. Moreover, being closely connected with the students, professors are more likely to discover an out-of-box idea or a future star which will in return contribute to their research.

In short, by using a team teaching approach, university professors can not only achieve a balance between teaching and scientific research, but use each of these two different facets of their work to strengthen the other.