Should governments spend more money on improving roads and high-ways, or should government spend more money on improving public transportation?why?

In my opinion, both of public transportation and the quality of the road and high-road are too important but, if I have to choose one of these, I will select public transportation. My main reason, the pollution of the air that is a dangerous threat for the health of society. And also, saving and reducing of natural source. Furthermore, public transportation could improve the level of communication between the people live in society. Subsequently, I will explain my reasons which I have just mentioned.

First and most important reason, if the public transportation function fairly, the most people will use of their private cars. So, a huge Dioxide Carbon will result to the air daily. As result, the number of the people that die of heart attack, breath problem and so on will be increasing. And also, the pollution makes the government to close school in polluted air that has some damage.

Second of all, gas and gasoline are some of nonrenewable source. They are very worth for us and next generation as result, I think, saving of these sources is one of the most important of our duty. So, if the government develop the public transportation, a massive volume of gas and gasoline will save for next generation. On the other hand, the fee of gas and gasoline in our country are too high. So, I think, using of public transportation is very reasonable and economical option for people.

Finally, reducing communication between the people in society is the one of the impacts of modern life. So, public transportation could improve this part. We could meet a lot of kind of people and sometimes we speak with each other shortly in bus, subway, train and taxi. For instance, I have met one of the oldest and best friends after long time in the subway and now, we are keeping touch with other.

To sum up, according to three reasons, “improving our communication, saving some nonrenewable source and diminishing the level of pollution”. If I was a mayor, definitely I would improve the public transportation.

2 Likes

I suggest we take it one paragraph at a time and maybe @Anglophile can re-write the next paragraph so we’ll be taking turns? At any rate we should acknowledge the trust Bitarooh has put in us as a community.

In my opinion both public transport as well as the public road system are important but if I had to choose one of them I would focus on public transport. The main reason for this preference is the high level of air pollution which has become a threat to the health of our society. In addition, by investing in the public transport system we can save natural resources. Furthermore, public transportation facility improves the way people communicate with each other in transit, and as a result we become a better society.

By the way, maybe @Thao_Phuong_Nguyen could comment on this essay too?

3 Likes

The first and foremost reason for me to choose public transportation is the possibility of substantial decrease in air pollution. That is to say, if public transportation system functions well, most people will avoid using their own cars because resorting to public transportation will not only become economical but also will contribute to a huge reduction in the production of carbon dioxide every day. As a result, the number of people who die of heart attack, breathing problems and so on will decline. Further, the government may not have to close schools and deprive children of their education due to the intensity of air pollution. (Note: I have tried to cast the author’s ideas in a positive tone)

3 Likes

I really appreciate to your help. I am trying to improve my writing skill although I have a lot of problem.

4 Likes

I really appreciate to your help. I am trying to improve my writing skill although I have a lot of problem.:pray::pray:

4 Likes

(I really appreciate your help. I am trying to improve my writing skill although I have a lot of problems).
Thank you, Bitarooh.

1 Like

The second reason is that I consider it to be our duty to prevent the depletion of gas and gasoline since they are scarce and nonrenewable. We need to preserve their sources for the next generation as well. So, if the government develops an efficient and efficacious public transportation system, huge volumes of gas and gasoline can be saved for future generations. Also, the price of gas and gasoline in our country being too high, using public transportation will be a reasonably prudent option for people in the interests of economy and ecology.

3 Likes