Should government focus more on young children education than on universities?

Dear All,

Could you correct my essay or give me some advice.

Thanks in advanced. = )

For successful development of a country, should a government focus its budget more on very young children education rather than on universities?

The progress of any country is based on education. That is, education is necessary on the way to successful development of a country. But how to use the resources well on education has been a heated debate for a long time. Some people think that the elementary education is far more important than others. However, I don’t agree with the idea.

First, many experiments need expensive instruments to get the final data. However, universities funding is not enough to support these instruments. Governments invest budgets which was used on primary education in these universities will help them to finish these experiments. The even better things are once they have new and significant discoveries which can promote the quality of human life, it will greatly enhance the image of countries.

In addition, university students have more good concepts to use their money well than elementary school students. University students may use their scholarships to buy books which benefit their knowledge or save them. On the other hand, young children will use these money to buy many PC games which have a bad effect on their health because they will spend a lot of time on playing these games, even staying up late. As a result, gradually, they will not keep up with school lessons. For example, my little cousin, John, since getting a scholarship last semester from school, he bought a lot of PC games and played all night even affected his sleep time. To change his bad life style, my uncle decided to shorten the time he played these games.

What’s more, universities students will be put into the job market after graduation. Whether their abilities can adapt their careers or handle everything they face have a big effect for a country. Therefore, giving them more resources is beneficial for the development of country. For instance, universities can use these funding to create much internship for students, so they don’t have to worry whether they have enough abilities to deal with the following challenges.

In conclusion, from what I have discussed above, governments should give more resources for universities than elementary education. Because high level education need a large amount of money to purchase equipments to do researches, universities students know how to use these money well and they need much internship to help them to link up with their future careers.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a student discussing a possibility