Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them

Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings?

It’s my third essay here on this forum. I guess that I have a lot mistakes here. Please can someone correct it. Thanks a lot in advance.

I am sitting on a sofa and through the vitreous wall of my apartment I see an intricately shaped modern edifices arrayed around west bank of river, eagerness of skyscrapers’ spires to catch clouds, futuristic buildings sparkling with neon lights and there is no ‘‘footprint’’ of historic and old buildings even though I do live in the oldest and in the most historical city in my country. That means, that administration of my city is full of obsession with building of new edifices instead of preserving and renovating of its old and historic buildings. Consequently, I can’t see the evident of its interesting history through its new feature. Therefore, I am convinced that we must preserve city’s old and historic buildings instead of destroying. So reasons for this go as follows.

Firstly, as we all know, renovated old and historic buildings are favorite spot either for local and international tourists. They all evaluate through these buildings the way we lived and the way we are living now. Because, these buildings can give profound impact on people’s feelings about difference of city, country and people. It should be noted that, we do live in a digital world and people all over the world started to interact with each other, getting closer and even getting to hold same opinions and vision. But, seeing historical buildings is still makes a difference that we are different nation and have another great history.

Secondly, every historical building is unique. What’s more, every of this building is a masterpiece of architecture. We have to take care of them, regardless of how much money it needs for it as they represent the cultural, historical, architectural values of city. Each kind of this building shows a vivid presentation of architectural material which was made of, popular decoration of that period, architectural structure and etc. But, each kind of them has their intrinsic mystery too.

In conclusion, I am convinced that my city must preserve its old and historic buildings for cultural, historical and architectural values.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which of the following is true of biological indicators?