Shocking or schocked and others structres, please help me to correct

1. I am a Vietnamese. or I am Vietnamese.

2. I have a schocked/ shocking time at the restaurant that makes me nervous.

3. Although it is a horror film, I don’t find it scary at all.

4.She is the best student in the class that I really want my sons to study.

2 Likes
  1. I think they are both correct, but to me, “I am Vietnamese.” sounds more natural. In my case “I am American.” sounds neutral, while, “I am an American.” sounds like someone who might be a bit too nationalistic patriotic.

2. It would be “I had a shocking time”, but it is hard for me to envision having a “shocking time” at a restaurant.

3. This is correct.

4. This is confusing - do you want your sons to study this excellent student in order to emulate her?

3 Likes

Why not this way?

4.She is the best student in the class that I really want my sons to study with.

4.She is the best student in the class that I really want my sons to emulate.

3 Likes

To me, these sound odd. Your sentences mean “Of all the students that I really want my sons to study with, she is the best in the class.” and “Of all the students that I really want my sons to emulate, she is the best in the class.”

I think what she really means is
“She is the best student in the class, so I want my sons to study with her.”

4 Likes

You probably could also say ‘since she is the best student in the class I want my son to study with her’.

4 Likes

Firstly, thanks for you guys help.

In this sentence, I meant that she is the best student in the class that I want my son have to follow and imitate her study methods in order to make progress in studying.

3 Likes