Shifting or constant weather

Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

The weather is an essential factor for one’s comfort. It is important to live in a space where the climate is just for you. As far as I am concerned, I would prefer to live in a four-season climate, instead of living in a place where the weather is the same all year long.

Observing the changes in nature is delightful; you will be eager to experience what the next season brings; hence, it is better for us psychologically. When it comes to diverse weather, you can make the most of different seasons in your area. You can swim in the sea in summer; you can enjoy stepping on the fallen leaves in autumn; you can make a snow-man in winter; and, you can have a picnic in a park surrounded by blossom in spring. In contrast, if you experience only a cold or hot weather pattern all year long, you may not know what it is to entertain yourself with different kind of activities per season.

When you are likely trapped in a place where the climate is frequently freezing or is generally blistering, you will probably not do those activities that increase your chilliness or warmness. Additionally, constant extreme temperatures can weaken your health; you may suffer from bad blood circulation, dryness of your skin or other body parts, etc. So as to improve your health, you will have to move to other locations. For instance, when Germans get sick of the coldness of their environment, they spend some days sunbathing in the warm beaches of Spain. Therefore, it is noticeably preferable to live in a region with changing temperature, because it is better for us physically.

In short, whether shifting climate or constant weather, I would rather live in the former, because it is further dynamic and exciting. Varied temperature broadens the variety of our pastimes, and enhances our health.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university science lecture on Island Biogeography

The weather is an essential factor for one’s comfort. It is important to live in a space where the climate is just for you. As far as I am concerned, I would prefer to live in a four-season climate, instead of living in a place where the weather is the same all year long.

Observing the changes in nature is delightful; you will be eager to experience what the next season brings; hence, it is better for us psychologically. When it comes to diverse weather, you can make the most of different seasons in your area. You can swim in the sea in Summer; you can enjoy stepping on the fallen leaves in Autumn; you can make a snow-man in Winter; and, you can have a picnic in a park surrounded by blossom in Spring. In contrast, if you experience only a cold or hot weather pattern all year long, you may not know what it is to entertain yourself with different kindS of activities per season.

When you are trapped in a place where the climate is frequently freezing(,) or is USUALLY blisteringLY HOT, you will probably not do those activities that increase your BODY TEMPERATURE. Additionally, constant extreme temperatures can weaken your health; you may suffer from bad blood circulation, dryness of your skin or other body parts, etc. So as to improve your health, you will have to move to other locations. For instance, when Germans get sick of the coldness of their environment, they spend some days sunbathing ON the warm beaches of Spain. Therefore, it is noticeably preferable to live in a region with changing temperature, because it is better for us physically.

In short, whether shifting climate or constant weather, I would rather live in the former, because it is further dynamic and exciting. Varied temperature broadens the variety of our pastimes, and enhances our health.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Kitos. 8.5/10

Thanks for the corrections, Kitos.

Now I know why I was so unease regarding this essay.