Sentence: Valued for their tasty juices, citrus fruits are one of the best source

1. Valued for their tasty juices, citrus fruits are one of the best sources of vitamin C.
    Why does it uses ‘Valued’ instead of ‘Value’? Why do we need Adj. there?

2. Not until the invention of the steam engine did dredges become efficient.
    I don’t understand the whole meaning of this sentence and its grammar (tense : did, become)

3. Just as music is a universal language, so is it a mirror of the times.
    Can I omit ‘it’ from “so is it” in this sentence, why does it need ‘-s’ after times and what is this clause form : so is it a mirror of the times (so+verb+noun+noun???) how do I comprehend and use it correctly.

4. The form of shelter used among most people is dependent to some extent on locally available materials.
    What does some extent mean?

Very interesting questions!

I dont really understand the 1st and the 2nd sentence so I cant give you an explanation, and the followings are for your 3rd and 4th questions

“Times” is not clock time, but it is used to refer to a Particular period in history or in your life. As my understanding, “Of the times” hear means from the past to now and the future → music is the reflection of the past, the present and the future

“To some extent” is used to indicate that something is partly true but not entirely/totally/completely true

need more explanation, please.

1. Valued for their tasty juices, citrus fruits are one of the best sources of vitamin C.
    Why does it uses ‘Valued’ instead of ‘Value’? Why do we need Adj. there?
    [color=red]Citrus fruits are valued for their juices (passive voice). We value citrus fruits for their juices (active voice).

2. Not until the invention of the steam engine did dredges become efficient.
    I don’t understand the whole meaning of this sentence and its grammar (tense : did, become)
    [color=red]Dredges did not become efficient until the steam engine was invented.

3. Just as music is a universal language, so is it a mirror of the times.
    Can I omit ‘it’ from “so is it” in this sentence, why does it need ‘-s’ after times and what is this clause form : so is it a mirror of the times (so+verb+noun+noun???) how do I comprehend and use it correctly.
    [color=red]No, you cannot omit parts of a sentence arbitrarily. Be.emily gave you a good explanation about time. The word time can also mean a period of time, an epoch, such as: Ancient time, Medieval time, etc.

4. The form of shelter used among most people is dependent to some extent on locally available materials.
    What does some extent mean?
    [color=red]To some extent means partially, not entirely.

1. ____for their tasty juices, …
    It need passive voice not a noun??

2. I still don’t understand its form ‘so is it a mirror of the times’ (so+verb+noun+noun???)

1. ____for their tasty juices, …
    It need passive voice not a noun??
    [color=blue]Citrus fruits (a noun) are valued (passive voice) for … Valued for their juices, citrus fruits - “Valued for their juices” is a modifier for “citrus fruits.”

2. I still don’t understand its form ‘so is it a mirror of the times’ (so+[color=red]pronoun +verb+noun+[color=red]preposition + noun???) [color=blue]Do not forget the little words (pronouns and prepositions) they are important.
    so is it - an inversion (so is the music = so the music is)
    a mirror of times - a reflection of the times when it was composed.