Sentence: It is the great multiplication of the productions of all the different

I can’t see the connections to understand it. I understand some parts of it but it doesn’t make sense when I try to read the all thing. Please help.

It is the great multiplication of the productions of all the different arts, in consequence of the division of labour, which occasions, in a well-governed society, that universal opulence which extends itself to the lowest ranks of the people.

:shock: I´m with you , Iloveenglish :lol:

Michael

Somebody must have lost their stream of thoughts while writing and has ended up with this.

Hahaha, yeah it is hard. It is actually a famous quote of Adam Smith.

The division of labor (1) creates the great multiplication of the productions (2) which makes it possible to extend the universal opulence (3) to to the lowest ranks of the people (4), provided that the society is well-governed (5).

stream of thoughts - train of thought
Idioms & Phrases
train of thought

A succession of connected ideas, a path of reasoning, as in You’ve interrupted my train of thought; now what was I saying? This idiom, which uses train in the sense of “an orderly sequence,” was first recorded in 1651, in philosopher Thomas Hobbes’s Leviathan.

Thank you, Milanya.

Wow, thanks a lot Milanya!!! Now I am able to understand it.

Wow, Milanya. We always can rely on you when it comes to deal with circular expressions.

Nonetheless the initial “which occassions” sounds very intricate and also “the productions of all the different arts” doesn´t suggest to mean an average term of manufacturing, does it?

occasion
tr.v. occasioned, occasioning, occasions
To provide occasion for; cause.
thefreedictionary.com/occasion