selecting another discipline to study

If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

My essay:
Many think about the past and the opportunities that they had missed or about the decisions that if they made, it would have a positive influence on their life. One of these decisions that many think about it is the discipline that they had studied in it. From my perspective, it would have brought me a lot of advantages, if I could also study computer science at university. I have always been fond of this discipline and it could help me in my major- Mechanical engineering. Besides, it is a highly profitable job.
In the first place, when I cast my memory back, I can remember that I have always been fascinated by computer science. This includes both aspects of hardware and software . It is really fascinating that how different parts of a computer match with each other. Understanding this elaborated communication between different part a computer such as CPU, RAM, memory and so forth has always been a dream for me. In addition, learning how to make my customised program for a computer is really appealing for me. All of these can be achieved by studying computer science.
Secondly, gaining mastery over computer can help me in my major which is mechanical engineering. As a mechanical engineer I work on robotics which entails connecting different measuring devices to a computer which analyze the data and give some commands to actuators. It is obvious that having a knowledge of computer science can help me significantly.
Last but not the least, in today’s world there are wide variety of jobs available for the ones who have expertise on computer. For example, I have a friend that works on the networking of computers for a big company and in the weekends, he also works in his own house and repairs the computers of people.
To wrap up, I personally believe that the best extra discipline for me to study in my youth was computer engineering. This would have provided me with a wide diversity of advantages I mentioned in the previous paragraphs. I am of the opinion that by the increase of our dependence on computers, everyone’s need to computer knowledge even will increase in the future.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would the professor most probably categorize Shinto?

HI Farshad, I thought you did a great job with this essay. Your points are relevant to the prompt and very convincing. I also liked your detailed and personal examples. You do have quite a few minor errors, including some problems with some tough verb tenses and some incorrect preposition choices. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.