scathing / diatribe/ vituperative

1. He was very scathing about the report, saying it was inaccurate.
  2. He was very diatribe about the report, saying it was inaccurate.
  3. He was very vituperative about the report, saying it was inaccurate.
    Please correct all.
    Thanks.
  1. He was very scathing about the report, saying it was inaccurate.
    2. He was very diatribe about the report, saying it was inaccurate.
  2. He was very vituperative about the report, saying it was inaccurate.

He launched into a diatribe about the report, saying it was inaccurate.

To me, the use of those three words in the sentences is either incorrect or inapt, Fathima. However, retaining your words I’ve recast the sentences as below.

1. He made a very scathing remark about the inaccuracy of the report. (Or He was so critical/scathing of the report that he said it was inaccurate)
  2. He was full of diatribes against the report and called it utterly inaccurate. (Note that ‘diatribe’ is a noun meaning ‘violent verbal attack’)
  3. He was very vituperative about the report, calling it inaccurate, ridiculous, biased and what not.
    (Note that ‘to be vituperative’ is ‘to use abusive words’, so it is not suitable. Just saying ‘inaccurate’ does not constitute any kind of vituperation)

There was no need to recast the perfectly acceptable sentences. Only the use of ‘diatribe’ was wrong.

The originals can be viewed as the person saying it was inaccurate in a critical/scathing/abusive manner.

Use of words requires balancing the meaning to be conveyed. After all, I have explained each. ‘Abusive’ and ‘vituperative’ do not balance ‘inaccurate’ as far as I am concerned. LUSH.

Ah, there you go. Who is trying to push their opinions onto others?