Riots everywhere. (Really?)

In the late 1960s, there were riots in American cities. The rioters used police brutality (real or imagined) as an excuse, and they looted stores and burned down entire neighborhoods so that they looked like Dresden after World War II. From what Americans heard in their media at the time, “the Europeans” were looking down on them and saw the riots as evidence of how badly Americans treated their racial minorities.

Lately it seems that riots keep breaking out in the French-speaking world. A couple years ago there were riots of massive proportions in France, and this week there was one in Montreal. Now the Americans are looking down on how badly the French and the Canadians treat their racial minorities, although anyone who has been to Canada knows that Canada treats its racial minorities very well.

However, there will almost certainly be riots in the US again someday. The next time will probably be if Obama doesn’t win the presidential election, but let’s hope it doesn’t happen.

Fortunately your riot predictions didn’t come true Jamie. No riots here in Europe and from what I hear there no riots in the US either.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Ben Franklin’s life does the speaker mainly discuss?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Riot?? - Don’t make me laugh - over here we call that “pussy footin”

Bring your guys to Belfast - French American Hispanics Honkies or Brothers it doesn’t matter - we (the masters) will show you what a proper riot is!!

C’mon bring it - :slight_smile:

Fortunately there were no riots, but unfortunately Obama became president. In 2012 the situation my be reversed.

Ooh, politics. I’ll stay away from here.

Yes Boke, most people stay away from politics which is the reason why most people are unhappy with their governments and their situations. If everyone stayed away from politics like you, our world would be in very bad shape.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Offering a fruit salad[YSaerTTEW443543]