Required time he needs and amount of charge

Ciao

I would like to know if you like my sentence bellow and/or you like to write it in another way.

I talked to him and he told me he has to see the document and then he gives me required time he needs and amount of charge.

grazie mille
Swan

Frankly, I don’t. But I’d recast it this way:

I talked to him and he told me he had to see the document, and then he would give me the required time he needed to examine it and prefer the amount of his service charge/s.

you are great. Thank you Sahib

Possibly Anglophile has made typing errors, but the second part of the recast doesn’t make sense.

I suggest
I talked to him and he told me that he had to see the document, and then he would tell me how much time he would need and what it would cost.

I really could not guess what the context was, but changed the tense constructions so as to befit a reported speech. However, I modified the last part of your sentence, which, on a re-look, does not sound as good as the one you find above, and may agree to. Nevertheless, ‘grazie mille’ for your patience.

I’ve read that three times and am still undecided about what you are actually saying.
If you’ve edited your original recast, it still doesn’t makes sense.

Usually, I don’t edit my reply after a comment is made. If I do, I mention ‘edited’.

Prego :wink:

It seems I have to learn Italian from you. Please let me know what ‘prego’ means. Grazie mille in advance.

‘on a re-look’ apart from being strange phrasing for ‘upon reviewing’, could have referred to you looking at anything until your last explanation. Also, you modified the last part of your sentence, not someone else’s.

‘the one you find above’ could still refer to anything,

Okay. Leave it. LUSH.

As you don’t wish to explain, I will assume that you agree you are in the wrong.

it means you are welcome :wink: