refuse from

Hello,

Can ‘refuse from’ be followed by a noun in a sentence. Like ‘refuse from a car’.

Thx in advance!

Do you mean “refuse” the verb, meaning “decline to do something”, or “refuse” the noun, meaning “rubbish”, “trash”?

I mean the verb, to refuse from something --> If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, refuse from a car and ride a bicycle.

“refuse from” is not right in any context that I can think of. “refuse” takes a direct object, so you could say “If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, refuse a car and ride a bicycle.” That is OK, but it would probably be more common to use a different verb, such as “do without a car” or “dispense with a car”, for example.

Many thanks!

What do you think of this title? Is it a mistake?

Russia begins to refuse from the foreign assistance
itar-tass.com/c142/542918.html

Not for me to give advice Bagheera, but God deliver you from reading articles like that if you aim to get to know genuine language the natives speak, not the one taught in Russian universities by people occasionally visiting the UK mostly for business/shopping.

I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.

I agree Eugene2114… LOL The thing is that I was taught at school that ‘to refuse from smth.’ is correct. That’s why I was really surprised :frowning:

BTW, nice signature ))

Yes, it’s a mistake. Though mostly intelligible, the article contains many other errors and unnatural phrasings.

Thanks!