reduce this entropy?

Hi, how commonly used is the phrase ‘to reduce this entropy’ meaning ‘reduce this uncertainty/randomness’, ‘increase the level of predictability’? I came across the phrase for the first time in the following sentence:

“The best way to receive a relatively objective answer is to reduce this entropy yourself. Try first to compose detailed documentation of your project, which is going to decrease the number of all the confusions about specifications in advance…”.

Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, talks: Promoting the National Bike Week

1 Like

If you go with this definition of entropy: “…often interpreted as the degree of disorder”, then by composing detailed documentation of your project (clarifying possible hazy points in advance) you reduce the entropy, present your project in the best way possible, and thus can expect its objective evaluation.
It didn’t make a difficult reading for me, but how common is the term when applied to the subjects outside thermodynamics? To me, If only you’re going to demonstrate you were in a college sometime.

2 Likes

You are probably right in saying that the phrase ‘reduce this entropyy’ isn’t too popular, it produces only a little more than 3k results on Google.

1 Like