Recently you received a letter from the bank

You have had a bank account for a few years. Recently you received a letter from the bank stating that your account is $240 overdrawn and that you will be charged $70 which will be taken directly from your account. You know that this information is incorrect.

Dear Mrs. May,

My name is Mahdi Dibaei and I opened a joint checking account in your branch about 3 years ago .My account ID is 35522565. I have used this account rarely. Unfortunately, this morning I received a letter from your branch witch stating my account has overdrawn and the balance of my account is below zero. As I mentioned my account is a joint account so, I thought that my wife has paid a check from the check book of the account and I thought she has not tell me about this issue. So, I called her to ask her about the issue. She told me that she has not used this account from last year. Therefore, I think that your staff may have made a mistake and I want you to make an investigation about this issue. I am going to send this letter to you and I ask you to verify me about the result of the investigation.

Yours faithfully,

Mahdi.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would the professor most probably categorize Shinto?

This letter is one of your best. It sounds very natural and clearly states your problem. I wish you had mentioned the $70 charged to your account as an overdraft penalty. That detail was in the prompt, so I think it is best to mention it.