real world experience vs bookish knowledge. please review my essay

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?:

Experience is the best teacher” is an old cliché but I agree with it. No doubt books are ubiquitous source of knowledge but the knowledge imparted is limited which is saturated by the experience gained in this pragmatic world. Practical knowledge gained through the real world experience indeed stiffs a person mentally making his survival possible which otherwise will be vulnerable to the changes of the life. Throughout our life from primary education to university education to adulthood life, we learn something either from books or through the experience. But in my point of view, knowledge gained through real world experience is far more important that pedantic knowledge.

A youngster’s primary source of education is books but a book makes him learn only the basic education which is prerequisite for further studies. But apart from facts and information gained during primary studies, a child plays on playgrounds enabling him to feel the taste of success and failure. On playground, the friendship develops and a person learns to be socialized.

During the university education the knowledge imparted through books enrich a person with profound understanding of the subject matter and information which he subsequently utilizes in the world to get success. But, through real-world experience he learns to make decision and employ them to achieve success. With proper decision comes the responsibility which is required in adult life.

Throughout our adult life, we learn from our experiences. We learn from mistakes and try to improve, flourishing in future endeavours and career. It’s true that we also learn from books but the role of books get limited and overpowered by the experiences gained through practical life.

In conclusion, books are excellent source of knowledge but we gain much more from practical experience, enriching us not only in social and moral values but also helps in advancement of career and above that in development of a person as a human.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a campus cafeteria