reading a fiction book vs watching a movie

Hello Kitosdad. Hope you are fine. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Reading fiction (such as novels and short stories) is more enjoyable than watching movies. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.

While there is a big controversy among many people over reading a fiction book or watching a movie, I personally think that each has its own advantages and disadvantages. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

On the one hand, by reading a book we can expand our list of vocabularies and exercise our brains/minds. A book is more descriptive, since there is no real character/person playing there. The author of the book needs to explain everything about the characters and the situations available in the story. In this way, by reading the book we have to rely more on our imaginations. However, by watching a movie, our imaginations will be limited to the creativity of the director. For example, when we encounter a sentence, such as, “ the tired sun lost its shine”, it depends on us to imagine the sun as having eyes and eyebrows, yawning, and closing her/his eyes. Furthermore, reading a book can improve our writing skills. For example, reading English books helped me to improve my language skill.

On the other hand, we can watch a movie and come to a conclusion within a short period of time. This is good for those people who are impatient and are so curious to know the end of a story. Nowadays, people are too busy to pick up a book and read it. It takes them so much amount of time to complete it. This can be illustrated when we pick up reading a book which spends more than thirty pages describing an empty bungalow near the beach. However, by watching a movie we will not get bored.

To put all in a nutshell, based on the above discussion, reading a book helps us to keep our mind active and go beyond the world with no boundaries. However, we should not neglect that it is more time consuming for people who are impatient.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Art

Hello Kitosdad. Hope you are fine. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Reading fiction (such as novels and short stories) is more enjoyable than watching movies. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.

While there is a big controversy among many people over reading a fiction book or watching a movie, I personally think that each has its own advantages and disadvantages. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

On the one hand, by reading a book we can expand our list of vocabularies and exercise our brains/minds. A book is more descriptive, since there is no real character/person playing there. The author of the book needs to explain everything about the characters and the situations available in the story. In this way, by reading the book we have to rely more on our own imaginations. However, by watching a movie, our imaginations will be limited to the creativity of the director. For example, when we encounter a sentence, such as, “ the tired sun lost its shine”, it depends on us to imagine the sun as having eyes and eyebrows, yawning, and closing its eyes. Furthermore, reading a book can improve our writing skills. For example, reading English books helped me to improve my language skills.

On the other hand, we can watch a movie and come to a conclusion within a short period of time. This is good for those people who are impatient and are so curious to know the end of a story. Nowadays, people are too busy to pick up a book and read it. It takes them so much time to complete it. This can be illustrated when we pick up reading a book which takes more than thirty pages describing an empty bungalow near the beach. However, by watching a movie we will not get bored.

To put all in a nutshell, based on the above discussion, reading a book helps us to keep our mind active and go beyond the world with no boundaries. However, we should not neglect that it is more time consuming for people who are impatient.

It is little wonder that I like your work.

Kitos. 10/10 ***** Review.

Thanks Kitosdad :)) … and I reviewed.