Rape within the US Army!

It’s possible, but it’s more possible – or actually a fact – that a lot of guys get raped in prison (not just in the US, but in prisons everywhere).

Of course, you didn’t answer my question as to why you keep bringing up male rape.

360 or 350 is a helluva lot of suicides!

There is clearly a systemic problem.

Jamie you seem to be the one going on about it? Or could it be all this politically correct crap about Gender being pushed about? I wouldn’t think so…

I just looked at the thread and didn’t assume you were only discussing Women so I just passed the remark thats all -
what’s more remarkable - no one discussing it ?
or me suggesting it?

I would say neither.

As for me - never been in Jail or the Military and no one has ever tried it on.
If someone did they would no doubt see a rather white flash after which I suppose I would probably just catch him once with my knee just before he hits the deck.

I owned and ran a Hotel/Boarding house for Construction workers in the Centre of Leipzig - that was the general pattern when guys started to get a bit silly.

U.S. Military Afghan War Casualties in 2010 Almost Double Those from Same Period in 2009
Friday, February 19, 2010
By Edwin Mora

U.S. Marines from 3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment fire machine guns as another Marine leaps over a canal ditch during a firefight as Taliban fighters fire on them in the town of Marjah in Afghanistan’s Helmand province on Monday Feb. 15, 2010. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)
(CNSNews.com) - The 38 combat-related U.S. military casualties from the war in Afghanistan that have been reported so far this year as America sets in motion its largest anti-Taliban operation have almost doubled the 21 fatalities from the same period in 2009, the bloodiest year for U.S. armed forces.
cnsnews.com/news/article/61632

Are you saying that a man raping a woman is the same as a woman raping a man? How can a woman force a man to have sex with her? This is a joke, right?

Since you are clearly an expert on this, please tell me what a “normal” number of suicides would be for combat troops.

I didn’t see any notice about being an expert when I signed up here so what’s your problem?

Somebody thought it was important enough to put that clip on You tube - I also found it quite remarkable! - If you “don’t” think its important then move on with your life Jamie don’t take it out on me!! :slight_smile:

“Some body”, as in a corpse, or “somebody”?

The issue is that you’re pointing to some number, saying it’s really high and that it’s obviously evidence of some systemic problem, but you have no idea what the normal numbers would be in that type of situation. How do you know it’s high if you don’t know what normal is?

The second thing is that, if you look at CBS News and some others, it’s clear that the journalists are regarding every suspected suicide as a real suicide. Reading closer, it appears that only a minority of the deaths the army investigates as possible suicides turn out to be actual suicides. However, the journalists include every death under investigation as a suicide as a real suicide, I guess because it makes the number more sensational.

Jamie - Chill out mate - You’re right I’m not an expert - I’m also not that interested either mate - but thanks for the typo

Allow me an opinion, mates:
Isn’t the American army a volunteer one? People join the army to earn money by doing their jobs there. So I would say: They are serving on their own danger! Especially women. No one forced them to join the military staff.
Concerning me, so I sometimes imagine, there is war and no one will go there. Especially women are made for love and not for war. Raping is a hard way to tell them this truth, but it is a possible one. They are to blame themselves, if they have joined the army.
Have a nice time,
Andreas

This is a typical European perception of why Americans join the army. The pay is not good enough to make it attractive for “earning money”. Most soldiers join as a way of “serving their country”, which in some situations they state as “risking our lives to preserve our freedoms”, etc.

Since most Germans and other Europeans don’t feel any patriotism – and they value financial stability over freedom anyway – they commonly refer to the US military as a “professional” army, rather than a volunteer one, and they often imagine money is their motive.

This is just one of many misconceptions Europeans have about Americans and their motives to do various things.

I was in the Army for two years before my pay finally broke minimum wage. We don’t do it foe the money

Well, it is not the fault of the women that they are violated in the army. It’s the intemperance of these men who do not respect women. It would be nice, if they would understand that men and women complement and enrich each other and must stick together in no rivalry.
He who knows the history of mankind, knows that women stand not necessarily only for (and especially not made for) love. Men are not from Mars and women not from Venus.

Good point Berg and keep in mind that these are very isolated incidents and the story is meant to make the situation seem much worse than it is. A million men and woman work happily together in the US military. They do this as volunteers because they want to serve their country and help people. The ones who have a problem with each other don’t usually last long, and sexist attitudes or behaviours will get you kicked out very quickly.

Good morning, mates,
where is the famous idea of the 60s and 70s gone? MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR!
Well, I am a German, and someone in this thread told about the “problem”, that Germans don’t feel patriotism any more. Is it a problem? With this so-called patriotism you can fight a lot of long lasting and bloody wars and kill thousands of people, and the world would not be better thereafter. Those governments or dictators who can send you easily just into the rain of bombs, they don’t care about a bean for you and use your STUPID patriotism! If THEY want to fight, so let them fight! How many - innocent - lives could have been saved, if someone would have put Saddam Hussein and G. W. Bush into a ring where they could have boxed each other???
The world is still crazy and is learning too slowly. (WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN, WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN…) Ain’t the Americans usually good Christians? Have they forgotten the words of Jesus: “The one who takes the sword will be killed by the sword.”? No matter if in cause of money or of patriotism, the one who joins the army by his own decision is to blame himself. Especially a woman.
Have a nice day,
Andreas

Hello,

as I gathered, this thread is about the rape of women in the military by fellow soldiers, not about casualties of war or atrocities done by the enemy. The problem of sexual harassment and even rape does not only occur in the military, but everywhere where men are. Women are not to blame for getting raped by their colleges. Women are not to blame for getting raped at all. It would be the same to say, “She got raped because of the clothes she wore.” This is going too far. Women shouldn’t be segregated and they shouldn’t have to veil themselves so that they won’t get raped. This sounds an awful lot like some certain Muslim men.

Claudia

P.S. How would people react on this forum if it were suggested that Blacks or Asians should be segregated?

Yes and NO, Claudia,
it is an old wisdom, that culprit and victim are one. Just like day and night. Everything in the universe has to be balanced. Each thing with its opposite. So also each victim pulls a culprit in his (or her) life. I learned it be practicing fighting sports already twelve years.
If you are afraid of a dog, this dog will feel it and will be pulled by your fear to run after you. If you have learned to balance the fear in your own system (something like finding that famous “peace of mind”) no dog will run after you any more.
So one who always feels fear should learn to live his (or her) own aggression. He (or she) will be astonished how fast his (or her) life might change…
There was a certain prison in America where a lot of men had been arrested who committed a robbery, and they showed them movies about different persons. They asked them which of these person they would plan to attack: and behold, it was always the same persons. Some of the shown persons would have never been attacked, and this is interesting, isn’t it?
Have a nice day,
Andreas

Ah. And when you get robbed and stabbed to death or shot, you are to blame because it’s an old wisdom that culprit and victim are one. Just like day and night. Everything in the universe has to be balanced. Each thing with its opposite.

Claudia

Yes, Claudia,
that’s it. You also can take a look at most of the marriages. A man with a loud voice and always dominating will marry a woman who shows the opposite of it: a grey mouse, weak and without own decisions. A woman always talking will marry a man who will never say a word. There are a lot of examples like this. If you want to change it you have to grow to a point where you don’t n e e d another person to feel yourself complete. If you don’t n e e d him or her you will be able to enjoy him or her.
And when things are about shooting down or robbing, whatever, it’s the same universal law. The victim needs the culprit to balance everything in him or her, as long as he or she is not looking for balance in him- or herself. (The ideas of “good” or “bad” are only constructions of our minds, the universe doesn’t know values like these.)
If you want peace you have to start finding it in yourself, before you can experience it outside of you. Then you don’t l o o k f o r peace anymore, especially you don’t look for it outside of you.
This is not a new discovered wisdom of mine, it is an ancient one, one of the most ancient wisdoms on this world. For most of the people it takes a lot of time to realize it, that’s the only problem. It takes more than one incarnation, very much more.
I guess I can expect that you won’t understand these lines, but I’m going to send them nevertheless.
Never mind,
Andreas

If your girlfriend gets raped, you would stand there and watch because it’s her own fault and it would bring the universe out of balance if you’d intervene. If she gets raped in your absence and she comes to you and tells you, you are going to think or say to her, “It’s your fault. It’s the universal law.”

Claudia

Oh, Claudia,
who I see you don’t understand. It didn’t speak about my feelings, but about a universal truth. If I let my feelings flow, I could beat the raper, no doubt. Maybe I could beat the raper later, too, when such things have happened in my absence, but that doesn’t change anything. It is only my feelings, and I allow them to be, that’s all!
But I would neither say nor think: “It’s your fault.” Nothing never ever in this universe is a fault at all!
We decide how we want to live, and we choose every day. The only difference is: Only some people decide in awareness, and the very most of us decide in unawareness. But also the unaware decisions and choices are decisions and choices. All things happen to make us grow.

Have a good time,
Andreas