QUESTION Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support

Hi,
Please rate my essay for Tofel. My writing skills are not good

it is often argued whether human needs for farmland, housing and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals or not. Some people believe it is important some are not. I would lend for former argument and the following reasons could explains why.
Firstly, animals are important for the balanced ecosystem as they are important part of food chains if they are disturbed it would create negative impact on human life. For instance if tigers extinct then there is tremendous increase in the population of deer, antelopes etc. Then they will attack on our farms for their food and can cause loss to our vegetation.
Therefore, every animal is important for balanced eco-system.

Secondly, if animals lands are used for industries, housing, farmland. The industries, buildings will be a big sources of pollution can resulted into more climate change and environment damages. Some animals cannot adapt themselves according to changes, it will push more animals into endangered species. It like vicious circle in which animals are victims. But, indirectly main victims are our future generation.
Thirdly, Animals will loose their natural habitat and it end up in intruding residential and industrial area. Daily news, videos of animals attacking human beings are coming from different parts of my country India. This is very dangerous for human being’s live. Moreover animals can cause serious damages in farmland and spread a sensation of fear among residents of particular area. I had already lived with the fear for couple of months. I live in a city called Nagpur " capital of tigers" and for constructions most of the forests were cleared. As a result animals like tigers, deer can be frequently spotted in residential areas. In my office premises tiger was spotted and for weeks I was so scared until the tiger was caught. It causes negative impact on mental health.

To sum up it is not wise to use lands for human needs for farmland, housing and industry than saving land for endangered animals because in the end it will create negative impact on human lives.

2 Likes

Hi Rashika, please find an amended version of your essay below. Pay attention to the many little changes and re-write your essay again:

It is often argued whether or not human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Some people believe it is important, others do not. I would argue for the former, and the following reasons might explain why.
First, animals are important for a balanced ecosystem as they are an important part of the food chain and if they are disturbed, it would have a negative impact on human life. For example, if tigers become extinct, then there will be a huge increase in the population of deer, antelope, etc. Then they will attack our farms for their food and can destroy our vegetation.

Therefore, every animal is important for a balanced ecosystem.

Secondly, if the animals’ land is used for industries, housing and farmland. The industries and buildings will be a great source of pollution and can lead to further climate change and environmental damage. Some animals cannot adapt to the changes, which leads to more animals becoming endangered species. It is a vicious cycle in which the animals are the victims. But indirectly, the main victims are our future generation.

Third, animals will lose their natural habitat and invade residential and industrial areas. Daily news and videos of animals attacking people are coming from different parts of my country India. This is very dangerous for people’s lives. Moreover, the animals can cause severe damage to farmlands and spread a sense of fear among the residents of a particular area. I have already lived with this fear for a few months. I live in a city called Nagpur, the “capital of tigers,” and most of the forests have been cleared for construction projects. As a result, animals like tigers and deer can often be spotted in residential areas. A tiger was sighted in my offices and I was very scared for weeks until the tiger was caught. This has a negative effect on mental health.

In conclusion, it is not wise to use land for human needs for farmland, housing, and industry instead of saving land for endangered animals because it ends up having a negative impact on people’s lives.

1 Like

It is often argued whether human needs for farmland, housing and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Some people believe it is important, while others disagree. I would argue for the former, and the following reasons might explain why.
I think animals are essential for a balanced ecosystem as they are an important part of the food chain. If they are disturbed, it will create a negative impact on human life. For instance, if tigers become extinct, there will be a tremendous increase in the population of deer, antelopes etc. These animals will attack the farms for food and cause loss of crops. Therefore, every animal is vital for a balanced ecosystem.
Another important fact to consider is that if animal habitats are used for industries, housing and farmland, there will be an increase in pollution. For instance, industries and factories are a big source of pollution, and they will undeniably affect climate change and destroy our environment once and for all. Some animals will not adapt rapidly to cope with these changes, and the number of endangered species will continue to increase. It is like a vicious circle in which animals are the first victims, but in the end, we will be killing ourselves. We should never forget that we do not have another planet where we could live.
Not only animals will have less space where they could live, but they will not have enough food to survive. They will start searching for food in our villages and cities. Daily news showing footage of animals attacking people in different parts of my country, India, is becoming more frequent. Very often, these attacks are creating havoc in our daily lives. Moreover, animals can cause severe damages to farmland, stress and fear among the residents. I have already passed through such a horrible experience. I live in Nagpur, known as the “capital of tigers”, and many trees in a nearby forest were cut down for construction projects. As a result, animals like tigers and deer were frequently spotted in the residential areas. A tiger was spotted from my office, and for weeks I was scared to death until the tiger was caught. This episode had a negative effect on my mental health.
All this considered, one comes to the conclusion that it is not wise to use lands for human needs such as farmland, housing and industry because it has its repercussions. We must make sure to leave enough land for the wild animals because, in the end, we will also suffer from negative impacts.

2 Likes