Progress report (Top 100)?

hi

i jst want to know how do i improve my pronunciation & reduce spelling mistakes…

regards
svraman

Hello Torsten,
First of all I’d like to thank you for your help. I’m very grateful for receiving your English course and I always do the tests with great pleasure.
While I was doing my tests today my progress suddenly became 73%. I have just done some tests but the questions answered are on the increase in comparison with the correct answers though I made very few mistakes. Could you put me in the way of things, please. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Ramilya

Hello Ramilya,

Please read these threads:

Progress report formula

Progress value calculation

[color=green]Now you have 82.68%!

Many thanks
Slava

Hello Slava,
Thanks a lot for your explanation. To tell the truth, I don’t care what progress report l have. My purpose is to improve my English attending your course.

Best wishes,
Ramilya

Hello Slava,
Have a look at my progress report page. By the way I do these tests for the first time. What’s the matter with your calculations? Before doing the last test my progress was 86.6 and now it’s much lower. Thanks.

Regards,
Ramilya

Hi, Mr. Torsten,

kindly explain below sentence for me especially focusing upon the word " Rest of"

“Please send the rest of the expense amount”

Thanks.
Ali

The remainder of the amount.

The recipient has paid some money towards expenses in the past, but not all of it. Some is till owing.
Now the writer is requesting what is still owing - the rest of the money.

‘rest’ in this context = the remaining part of something.
“I can’t eat any more of that cake. Would you like the rest?”

Thanks a lot for kind assistance.

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Worker at a building site[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Ramilya,

We are aware of the fact that the progress report algorithm needs to be improved and we are working on it. Right now there are some more pressing matters we need to attend to. As soon as we have some free recourses available we will change the algorithm and your progress report will look even better. In the meantime I suggest you continue completing our tests because this is the main activity when it comes to improving your English. Changing or adapting your progress report algorithm won’t improve your English, will it?

Thank you,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A snowmobile[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten,

Many thanks for replying to my message. I was sure that you would do it. How responsible, intelligent and talented you are!
I don’t have anything against the progress report algorithm. The point is that something is wrong with the calculations. I made two thousand mistakes but they became more than three thousand. I’ve made no mistakes today and my progress is on decrease though it had been better before starting doing the tests. To tell the truth such kind of calculations ‘attack’ only me. Upon my word! I can’t give up attending your course because of these wrong calculations. Owing to your tests I learnt lots of things, memorized hundreds of vocabulary notes and idioms. Above all I stopped washing my face with my tears because I buried both my parents. This well-organized course with its talented teachers has been the only mean to survive such kind of fate blow. Ihank you so much.

Take care,
Ramilya

Oh I just want to say thank you .I get a lot of information from your lesson everytime. When i read them i feel they were very useful for helping me to improve my english.I do not know what should i say.I will try my best to study english and make a good progress for your kindness. Thank you very much

Hello,

I have just joimed the English-test.net. I wonder where 375 questionns answered are from? To my mind it’s impossible to do such a great number of tests for 2 days. How can you explain the appearance of 200 extra tests? Thank you.

Ilshat

Hi Ilshat,

How many questions do you think you answered so far? Please keep in mind that a test can have between 3 and ten questions.
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten,
The number of answered questions has just become 662. I did only the 1/3 of 662. It goes without saying you add extra answered questions. I’m afraid you are wrong with your calculations.

Ilshat

Hi Ilshat,

I can see what you mean and we’ll look into this. Many thanks for pointing it out. Regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Where does this conversation most likely take place?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,

Thank you for attention. I like your website very much. It is the best online means that I ever found concerning the TOEFL. It is pleasure to communicate with teachers and students here. Your progress report is especially helpful.

I have looked through the report that you sent and that in my account, but I’m a little puzzled. Although you mentioned that I took 30 tests, the number of tests in my account was only 26 by that time. And According to the online report, I made about 170 mistakes, but test results show their number is about 50. Besides, my progress dropped from 89% to 69% after taking 1-2 tests. There must be some confussion.

In addition, I would like to ask you some questions. According to the online report, time per test is 4.47. Is it normal or not? Could you tell me a standard time requirement? To be honest your tests regarding the TOEFL vocabulary are very complicated. I looked trough a few books for the preparation for the TOEFL like Longman, Delta, Baron and Kaplan, as well as took the sample tests, but I didn’t encounter some of these words. You gave 4th, 5th and even 6th synonims of the words. So, I have to guess according to prefixes etc. Is the real exam supposed to be so difficult? Is there need to memorize them?

best regards

Hi Torsten,

I managed to take only about 280 tests during 5 days but according to my report card I’ve made 1330 mistakes. Will you annul your mistake? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ilshat

if there days this English lessons have moved in to my heart ,today should be one of them ,you have spoken to my own situation ,i believe if there are many who have the same problem this words should have not only taught them English ,but also spoken to there personal situations.

Yeah, we can open a club of protesters :slight_smile: Take it easy, something must be wrong with the system.

good luck