Progress report (Top 100)?

Hi Torsten
report progress is a good idea, it encourages us to improve and may be it creates a kind of competence between learners to do their best
You’re doing a good job
Sarra

Hi Torsten,

The first time I participated I did not imagine that I would learn fast, but in fact I did, now I am happy to see my progress report which looks impressive. On the other hand, I would never mind to disclose my progress report if you like.

Thanks Mr. Torsten for your efforts

Best regards

Redha

Hi Torston,
Thanks for you and every one in this great webside, i’m happy to be with you,and i feel so excited when i saw my progress report,so I’ll do my best to improve my langauge to speak in the record as soon.
Regards,

iam realy intersting to know my progress report ,i thank you too much tortsan
i understand that to evaluate my improvement in english .
its okey &i will do my best to be good member
thank you in advane ,i expect much better
see you next. bye

good job
really I’m amazing by your efforts in the site

hello all . I thank you very much which founded end working this site . Good luck

thank you tortsen i will follow ur instructions.

Please give me the difference between possible and probable.

You will find a Learner’s Dictionary very useful for such distinctions.

Possible
Probable

If, having read them, you need further explanation, then we will try to help. Let us know.

Good Day Daerr Torsten,
Good Day all,
Nice to meet you all.

Dear Torsten,

Thank you very much for your great job. I was pleased to receive your supportive letter and my progress report. The thing is that I think I did more tests that is recorded in my report, though it must be not a fault of yours, but technical one.

Thanks again for this wonderful site, I’m indulging it!

Hello Sumesh,

I would like to talk English as much as possible.
Probability is a branch in Math. If you sure that something will happen there is 100% probability, if smth. may happen or not there is may be 50% probability, let say it is probable.
They are synonyms.

Which words are the synonyms?

Look up: synonym.com/synonyms/browse/SY/

If you’ll have further questions - ask me I will explain in details.

Hello Bagheera,

Our progress report works only for active users. You must be logged in on the forum.

Many thanks
Slava

Hi everybody,

‘possible’ is not a synonym of ‘probable.’ Synonyms for Probable

Zaruhi M believed that ‘probable’ and ‘possible’ are synonyms.

???
I will explain it to you in detail.

Hi Sumesh, Please take his/her (our coach’s) advice.

Hello Beeesneees,
Could you please provide me with a dictionary which is used by native speakers of English. (a name or a link). I just want to figure the differences out.

Hello Slava,
We have not heard from you for ages. Thanks for technical supports.

Hello Richard,

Look up in ABBYY Lingvo 9 for probable and possible hard case, please.

For detail-detailes I was wrong, sorry, I am just learning English, but you, as I can see, are professors.

I know what synonyms are, Zaruhi. What I want to know is which two words you think are synonyms. Before I commented I wanted to check whether you were saying ‘probability’ and ‘possibility’ are synonyms or whether you were thinking of another two words that I missed. Sometimes ‘probability’ and ‘possibility’ are synonyms, but not in all contexts.

Compare:
There is a possibility that it will rain later." (there is some chance, possibly small, that it will rain)
and
There is a probability that it will rain later." (There is a better than 50/50 chance that it will rain later.)

In this instance, the probability scale goes like this:
no chance > possibility > evens < probability < certainty
so ‘possibility’ and ‘probability’ are not the same.

The full version of the Oxford English Dictionary is considered to be the definitive source. Unfortunately you have to pay to subscribe to that online:
http://www.oed.com/about/
though there is an online tour of the features:
http://www.oed.com/tour/

It looks as if you can download a pdf. sample of the contents of the “Oxford Dictionary of English” here:
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198610571.do

http://www.askoxford.com
will allow you to search online, and give you the option of searching the entire site or particular sets of dictionaries, including the Oxford Compact English dictionary.

I wrote for probable and possible, it followed from context, but it is no matter as you had already gave your comments.
I am not a linguist, I am a chemist and I know that synonym is a Greeke word, which means - syn - compatibility, coincidence, simultaneity, and onym - a name.

Аnalogously: paronyms (further - farther, deprecate - depreciate), homophones: (bear - beer, dear - deer), homonyms (fluke - fluke) etc.