Progress report (Top 100)?

I have just seen my progress (66, 78%) and I think it’s not well calculated, because when I divide my correct answers by all questions answered I receive about 78%. Am I right?

Dear Saneta,

Please read my postings progress formula and progress value calculation.

Many thanks
Slava

Ah, there you are Slava, the most important man on the site, and he always locks himself away with his computers. What a shame. Let’s see a bit more of you Slava.

Kitos.

Hello Kitosdad!
I don’t lock with my computer. But programming needs too much time from me :frowning:
You can visit my home page: www.grovs.de/en/
Slava

hi sir
its agreat owner to me to hear these words from u thank u so much i hope i can make aprogress more than thise
thank u for your iterest
byyyyyyyyyy

Hi Nermo,

You can improve your English only if you are ready and willing to change your habits. Looking at the way you type and spell words, how great would you say is your motivation to improve your English?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two co-workers brief each other on recent sales.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Thank you very much for sending me progress report, I really appreicate. I have few question that I have done TOEIC listening part I,II (complete) and III (Ex 5 upto now) but why these are not included in my progress report? Another question is that I would like to improve my writing and reading skill so what do you suggest me about that? I am doing these exercise for IELTS so after this report what do say about band I can score? I really like your way of teaching and helping, Thanks a lot and as you said ‘keep up the good work!’

many thanks
Shahzaib

Dear Shahzaib,

Many thanks for your questions. Yes, the TOEIC listening exercises are included in your progress report. As for your writing skills, you can improve them here: How can I improve my writing skills?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions[YSaerTTEW443543]

:smiley: Hello, dear Torsten!
I’m happy (as you have already guessed) not to be forgotten by you and I wrote you on the forum already, but I think I just couldn’t find your replies. Thank you for sending me my progress report! I’m really interested in improving my English in every aspect and doing your online tests. It’s a great idea to create such a system that enables one to follow their success and reveal one’s weak points and the things one’s got to continue working on. I’m glad I’ve joined your course and I’ll continue with it! Thank you for your support!!
Have a good day,
Best regards :smiley:

Hi Torsten

Lets me congratulate you for this innovation that will show to the test-takers their current level from their scores posted. I also appreciat your willing to include the exam prep tests in the progress report.

You do not waste a while because you have sincerely take a decision to give your help to those of us who can not afford formal courses of english.

But in the same ways In the top 100, there still are some scores from 2008 year whose average are not so high.
I just want to know wether the records of this test-takers weren’t broken yet?
If so, why continue to keep these old records through the top 100? I advice you to suppress the old records in order to replace it by the news ones.

Despite that, your work retains its serious and is usefulness and importance.

Congratulations for this volunteers sacrifices.

Kevinzos

HI TO THE TEAM OF ENGLISH TEST. NET

I am very grateful for all the team of English test .net to have send my progress report. This is the sign that you mind to make changes in the way of
implement a wonderful site of english learning. I see where I’m weak and how to improve more.

Every day, I discover the importance of this site that empower me not to give up english learning.

Many thanks.

Regard.

Hi Torsten,

That’s sound great becouse in this way we can get correction when we did a mistake. It’ll help us to improve.

Thanks
Shahzaib

Hi Dear Teacher

I would like to share the difficulties that I have with the audio files.
When I check this page I can hear nothing from the listening course.
Can you explain me more how to do?. Below is the way where I am at the listening moment:

Listen to introduction (English audio, MP3)

Podcast: Click to listen Forum: English course for beginners

Best regards

High security alert!!!
You are not permitted to download the file “000_intro.mp3”.

URL = english-test.net/esl/mp3/Sue … _intro.mp3

Hi Torsten!

Above is the message a found when I try to listen the audio courses. I don’t know if It is is the right place for listening.
But I can’t afford the listening audio files.

So I need your help please.

Thanks a lot

kevinzos
From BURKINA FASO

Dear Torsten.
at first, you are a great work team and just go ahead .
about progress report list, i think it’s good idea ,but i want to comment on the suggestion for making progress list an optional ,i disagree with it because there is no reason to hide my results from others ,we are all learners and we are all in one.thank you again Torsten and i’m proud to be learner on your site.

my regards.
mr:bassom.

Hi, Torsten,
thanks for sending me my progress report I am doing my best so I hope I can one day be proud of myself can I ask if it’s possible to send me some writing where you can view for yourself if I am getting better in my writing,like a essay or something like that.

Regards, and thanks to all the teachers Bayann.

hi
the idea of progress report is a good idea to measure the level of learner and encourage to take more tests further and this report determines the scope that you should reach to it. i think that the report needs the percentage of success in 30 tests even i can feel my progress in digital numbers
thanks to this site i look forward to many and many idioms and expressions
best regards
Amr

i think it has been one of the most interesting lessons just because we could learn something that it’s difficult to know in a quit normal course: the idiomatic expressions. But, really, they are not simply to remember! May be beacuase I’m no more young?
Thank you
Ornella Pompei

Hi, Torsten and the Team,

The more I participate in your project the more I like it. It is like a huge classroom the studentts of which are scatted all over the world. I am not too experienced PC user but I appreciate the organization of your site as very convenient, excitingly enteresting and very very useful. You are doing a gigantic amount of job because visiting the Forum the users almost always get the answers on their questions. Some questions even cause some kinds of discussions and arguments. And that’s not too bad - “the verity is born in arguments”, here I dare translate the statement of one of great Greek philosophers, don’t remember who it was exactly.
As concerns the Progress Report - it is a great idea too. I think Slava’s done a good deal of job to organise this page in so a convenient way. As for me - there is no reason to hide my face, my mistakes and my knowledge on the subject. Sometimes the fear of mistakes creates the psychological barrier which is not too easy to overcome and the progress in learning becomes slower.

Best regards,

Yuri

Hi, Torsten,
Honestly speaking, i am enjoying immensely with the lessons and exercises.I have not yet gone thru all the updates,because i have only limited hours late during the night as i am working.
Even during recreation time, i sit in front of my laptop and go through them randomly.
Most of the time,i am working the advanced level.Though my progress is still weak,i need to concentrate a lot to perform the highest score.Everything has been worked with entire transparency and sincerity to myself.
Indeed u people are doing great job.Many of us who don t have the means to buy those stuffs, are getting freely online.And i believe that all our participants enjoying the course of practice to the same speed.
In this regard of progress report, i am happy what i am scoring because i never thought i would make such incredible progress.
Meanwhile, thanking you a lot for your efforts and love u hv for ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
Bravo
Mahendra