Progress report (Top 100)?

Thanks a lot your feedback. I am fine and hopefully everything is great with you too. I am very pleased to have received my personal progress report via e-mail. I am trying to fulfill your requirements according to your directions. I will complete the next 30 exercises within a week to get the new congratulation mail.

I will try my best to get the first position at any cost. However, I have some problems when I do the exercises from my Blackberry device. The marks do not go up. I want to say that our progress report does not update the marks.

Secondly this is a good completion that you have introduced. I am really impressed. If we want to improve our communication skills as well as English grammar we should start the exercises on a daily basis.

Finally, I would like to suggest please check all my the messages I post on the forum. I have sent many mails but I could not receive the proper responses. I think we can not improve our writing skills if you don’t correct all our forum posts.

Best regards,
Shafqat

Dear Torsten,
Thank you for the new opportunity you give to me to improve my English regularly and systematically. And thank you very much for all your warm words about my successes. I simply do what I like, and you make my learning interesting and competitive.
Galiya

Hello
I’ve just done a few Psychology word tests but the results have not been added to my progress report. I wonder why?

Dear LucyGLV,
Sorry, but our Progress Report System doesn’t record and display the results of the Psychology tests but we are working on this.

Many thanks for your patience.
Slava

Dear Mr. Torsten :

I have a question…How you make the average with the Top List…so wich is more important the % or the number of test done. …? Or each one is a part (compliment) from the other ?..As you know, is not important to make many excersises when all are wrong…I know,we are students from your interesting Home-Page and want to improve our new lenguage and don´t matter if me make mistakes, the important is make better each time.

Have a nice day…Carlos.

Hello Carlos! Thank you for your question. As a programmer and web developer I’m always interested in getting feedback from our users.

On to your question. Our criteria are as follows:

1. Quantity of correct answers
  2. Progress report (%)

For example, if you took the same test 3 times and the last attempt had 10 correct answers, your progress for that test would be 100%, while 9 correct answers would translate into a 90% progress report and so on.

Your overall progress report is the sum of all standalone test results.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Kind regards,
Slava

Dear Torsten,
I have read most of the mails which is sent to the learner. Some are critcise the way of progress report. I agreed there are some issues like that any person can get hundred percent marks if he is doing the exercise again and again.I think that is your main purpose learner continue the pratice for getting the better result. In the mean while most of the students understand the exercise if they continue their exercise.
I have some sugesstion for getting the better result. First of all I think exercise should be change after three attempt. Secondly after fifty exercise arrange the specfic test from the fifty exercise after passing the test student will enter for doing the next exercise then you can get the proper result to the learner
Thirdly I think we should start one essay weekly basis
All these test should include their major result. Then you can get better essesment to the learner.

Regards
Shafqat

Hi mates!I find ur lessons useful…Of course, I myself am a student of English Literature.You People might perhaps ask me, why should I indulge in learning much about the technical part of the language English ,then. My answer will be this…I love the language for its simple elusive nature.Keep sending ur lessons.Whenever i find time i will take up those tests.I wanna know more new words and expressions too.
Lakshmi

Good evening Torsten,
how are you, and how things are going on? . thank you very much about the progress report and for your nice and encouraging message. Concerning the progress report:
-I think it shows me how much I progressed in comprehending the test.

• also, it gives me the motivation to give more and learn more. I even try to write down the new words in a separate paper to learn them by heart. Still I need more.
  • concerning the vocabulary idioms I found them very difficult and I hopelessly tried to overcome this problem, but I failed (all the time).

Didilaid wrote:
Dear torsen
thanks alot i learnt alot from you. as teacher of english in the south of ALGERIA i have got material I called it motivation in negative environment it is a modest techiniques for teaching narrative to pupils whose their english is their second language.
would you be so nice to send it to you to share views and ideas
Best regards
didi

I don’t want to deviate from the topic, but thought to get it cleared here only –

Which is correct?

1. Don’t you think it’s high time that test sentence was corrected?

2. Don’t you think it’s high time that test sentence is corrected?

3. Don’t you think it’s high time that we should correct the test sentence?

1).

Dear Mr. Tortsen,

Thank you very much for your email after a long while. I am very glad to receive your mail and see the progress report. This gives an immense pleasure to me that I have done something and still doing something for the improvement.

I have a request. The time taken for the test is not actual in my case. Because I am doing my test whenever I get time during my office hours. Sometimes there is long break between my test due to work pressure. I might be completing one test of ten question part by part.

Sir I am so happy to do this test whenever I get time. Doing this practically I am getting my wrong answers corrected and also my doubt is being resolved too.

Thanks a lot for you & your teams endeavors.

Rani Tomy

Dear, Torsten.
As for my point of view it’s up to you how to develop your site. I am rather unexperienced PC user and not too good at some refinements but I consider a lucky day that day when I came across your site. I am a very busy person and teaching English at school consumes most of my time but I think it’s absolutely necessary for a teacher to communicate with native speakers and I am looking forward to meet you on your site. You are doing a great job and I have been looking for such an interested in result, patient and polite coach for a long time.
Best regards.
Yuri.

hi!everybody!i’m glad to acquainted with everybody. :shock:

Dear Torsten.
I am happy to be noticed by you and your team. There is no necessity to e-mail me my progress report - I can enter it with no probs by clicking once or twice (of course, if you wouldn’t mind my entereing). I will post you some messages after finishing of the school term. I find your tests surprisingly relaxing and very interesting to do and I spend a lion share of my spare time to do them. It’s a great pleasure for me to be the 8th in the Top 100. Thank you for your great job.
Best regards.Yuri.

Hi everybody,

l know that it is too late to submit my comment about the progress report but, let me admit that although this new feature has been using for almost one year l have just started to take the tests. While taking some test and evaluating my progress l have recognised that ranking is done based on the number of correct answer without taking into consideration the level of tests.

In my poor opinion, if the grading is rearranged based on some new criteria including test’s level, a more fair evaluation would be provided.

Best regards,

Ege

Hi Ege,

Many thanks for your suggestions which make perfect sense. You are right about the ranking and also about the way the score is calculated. We’ll make some changes to the system over the coming weeks so please stay tuned and keep posting your ideas.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Wouldn’t you rather telecommute?[YSaerTTEW443543]

hi I think progress report can help us see how we have improve or what things we are wrong and as I told you I would like to improve in articles, phrasal verbs and idioms if you can help me I’d aprecciate that.

Hello Torsten how are you today? Thanks for your good words.I’m very happy now. You are good coach. You think what is good for learners and do it. If i have any mistake about my writting skill I’m sorry. Good evening (here ,in Azerbaijan is evening now).