Progress report (Top 100)?

Dear Sir,
I have a problem with my progress report. I have joined the ESL to improve my English. But first I wanted to check my knowledge, so I decided to take all the beginner and intermediate tests that I could find here. During this process, I monitored my progress and I found something strange. Most of the times when you send me a progress report, the number of the answered questions increases dramatically while the number of the correctly answered questions usually stays the same. For example, I had 6504 answered questions and 4329 correct answers and after answering a single question, the numbers “jumped” to 6631 answered questions and 4330 correct answers. Then, another time, from 6731 answered questions and 4429 correct answers, after answering a few questions the numbers became 6939 answered questions and 4448 correct answers. Another time, from 7041 questions with 4548 correct answers, it became 7257 questions with 4566 correct answers, after doing only a few tests. The last time I noticed this, I had 9357 questions answered with 5476 correct answers and after answering 10 questions, the numbers were 9475 questions with 5486 correct answers. If you do the math, you will see that something is very “fishy”. Is it because I am taking more tests one after another? Are these some kind of penalty points? If you look at the last numbers, you would say that almost half of my answers were incorrect and this is false. You can check the progress report lists that you send me and see that the great majority of my answers were correct.
Could you be so kind and fix this problem, please? I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance.
I would like to add that I really respect your work and I think that you are doing a great job. Thank you for all your help.
Best regards,
Diana

Hi Torsten,
I wonder if you can help me with my progress perport?
Becouse most of the time I scored high on my test but my average is bad.
Is there any way that you can check it out?
I am not really worry about it, I just want to know how do you do it.

I will apreciate your help
Thank you very much

Regards
Sergio

Progress report,
well sometimes I’m not very happy about it ;-(, because of my scores…
But it’s help to put much effort in learning.
Thank you :wink:

Hi Torsten

Something wrong in the progress report, in a day and a night the score dropped from 92% to 53%. The number of answered questions was doubled but the number of correct answers remained the same.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

just I here to say for my teacher you are priceless and gooo0o0o0d man

Dear Tor sir,
i will try for the best o.k.
While your excellent feedback and affection/love for my study and for Myself too.
LOve with Regards.
GOod Bye. u can try me on mY Cell no>)099091 55675.
if you are want to here my voice.

Hi Torsten,
I only have to thank you for the massive job you and your team are doing in our lives,how do we get Alan’s copy…I mean the book ?

Dear Tor,
i am going to Travel south India which are known as God,s place in India.
Really a Nice trip for Religoius and inner development.

Dear Mr Torsten and Mr Slava,

Now I’ve printed the whole Progress Report /Top 100/ ? and I read it whether I find an answer to the question what I asked few days ago from Torsten. " How many points do I receive for a test " Of course I didn’t get any answer.

Though it would be more simple to draw up a chart what could show how many points we can get for a written test or an audio test, - without mistake, with 1,2, etc. mistakes. It would be more simple than to correspond with students who look for his/her truth.

I see my progress report and I don’t believe it to be true what I see.

1. On 06.Nov.2010.18:23:34 I did Real life: Scam and Fraud test and my point was : 117 on the progress report.
    Since:
    -I did 15 tests talks based on the TOEIC with test. This is 150 question with 29 mistakes. I repeated them I did again 27 tests namely 270 questions with 8 mistakes.
    -I did 3 English Slang Idioms /21,22,23/ altogether 30 questions with 1 mistake.
  • I answered TOEIC 43,44,46,47,48 tests namely 50 question without mistakes.

What do you think how many point I got for these tests? Only 2.
Now I have: 115points. On 13 th.Nov.2010.

It happened with me that I answered 10:10 and the result was less. Once I printed my answers what would have been 10:10 and I printed it before sending. And your result was: 8:10. I knew that I can’t do anything with this but I wrote to Torsten and my result had been corrected. But we can’t write always if there are similar problem.

I think there is technical problem, and the former I attribute to this fact.

But I ask you, please, don’t leave my letter without feedback, explain me why I got only 2 points for such a lot finished tests?

Best wishes:
Kati Svaby

Dear Kati Svaby,

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. We are redesigning our entire site which will take about 15 months. The progress report algorithm is one of the features we are going to change so please check back in a few months.

In the meantime I suggest you start contributing to our current projects such as this one: Looking for project contributors[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A film star thanks his crew for their work at award event[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten Daerr,

Many thanks for your answer. Since I wrote my last letter I’ve done 3 TOEIC tests and 1 English Slang Idiom test, all the four were without mistake so my progress report have been 114. At last!

Excuse me but 15 month - what you advised me " to check back in a few month /15 month/" for me a boundless time. My request would be to check my progress report computer, because I am sure there is something technical problem with it.
Please !

I would like if it worked than earlier did. Before if I had done 1 or 2 tests I saw the result without delay. In my previous letter I wanted to tell my problem and I believed that is self-evident that you offer the checking of my progress report.Therefore I wrote that letter to Slava Gromov also, because he can check up this kind of troubles.

Dear Slava, can I ask you to read my previous letter and try to examine my progress report. I can’t say when it began but few days ago I already wrote a letter about this problem to Mr. Torsten that my result stagnates for several weeks.I can’t say the exact time -since when?

I would like to say to Torsten: I read Looking for project contributors this is flattering to ask my contribution in this work, of course I’ll do my best.

Thanks both of you if you help me to solve my problem.

Best wishes:
Kati Svaby

Hi Torsten,

Thank you because my progress report had been repaired. Now I get points for my tests.

Now my problem is that I don’t get any letters from any language coaches. 5 days without letters! Is this accidental or not ?

I hope you haven’t grudge against me or “Tell the truth and your head will be broken”-than the Hungarian proverb says, and that’s why I don’t get anything from you.

I can’t say nice words than the others, but I reveal you that I like and respect you.

In spite of the fact there was some troubles between us since I replied with statements to the questions “Do you have questions " - whereas I should have put a question. You punished me for this; immadiately you deleted my photos from about 100 places from the " progress group photos” who are there for the successful test performance.

You thought that I want to seize the opportunity from those who wanted to ask. - you wrote me this a private message.

Really, I interpreted badly the question and I would like to apologize for this. I would like to continue this course because I prepare for the TOEIC test, and this Forum is the best to achieve my aim.

I am yours very truly:

Kati Svaby

Hello Mr. Torsten Daerr

This is my second letter about the same problem. Please, answer me the TOEIC written tests and listening TOEIC tests /talks/ aren’t available for anybody else either ? Because for me there is no way to be contacted to these pages.
Can you please to write me there is a technical problem or what else? I am groping about in the dark if you don’t answer.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

Hi,

The entire website is currently being moved to a new server. The work started on the weekend. As a result, certain sections are temporarily unavailable.
Hopefully within a few days everything will be working normally again.

Hello,Torsten!
I just want to thank you for your great site, tests, letters related to learning English.Your tests are various and very helpful…What about me, I discovered the difference for myself between short sound ( book) and a long one for boots…I did not realise it.
Thanks,
Liudmila

why u send me notiffication? where is my problem?

Hi Torsten,
I thank you for your email and will make an effort so as to faithful my dream “master” or at least improve my English. Yes, I am always busy but most of the time i try to practice with some clients and some suppliers who only or able to speak English…
Looking forward to receiving a new email from you soon.
Yours.
Faliery

Hi, Torsten! Thank you for all your job! That’s very helpful, i belive many english learners will find all answers they need here!

Hello

I have read you annoucement ,I same think it's nice feature 

Well , Can we chat ?

see you soon

Dear, It is my pleasure to tell you, you are doing a lot for us around the word.For that I think God will be around you all the time and for sure he will make it easy for you and for sure your busimess will be as you like soon God willing.
I want you to tell me what I have to do to speak Engkish very well in 6 months .I am ready to study one hour during the day and like it at night .
Please tell me and I am ready to apply it .God bless you
Ahmed

and for sure I know: ( Time waiting no man).