Practicing a phrase 'after all'

I am trying to master the phrase ‘after all.’
Here are more stories that are included the phrase ‘after all.’

1. I went to ‘NIS Imaging’ to have my daughter an X-ray. While I was waiting to be called on, I had to hold her for about two hours. I knew my back would hurt later if I kept holding her. But my daughter was not feel good and seemed to be secured when she was held by my arms. After all, I ended up holding her for about two hours.

2. Friend of mine has told me that mold is very hurtful to infants. It could make you stuck in a serious disease whole life. When I heard this, I thought it was someone else’s matter; It could not happen to me. I really did not care about it when she explained how to prevent the mold and how to solve the problems when it happens.

Now, I am so regret that I did not pay attention to her before. Even if I have heard the facts about mold, I did not recognize when it was actually happening in my house.

My air conditioning was not draining for a few weeks. It could have been fixed right away if I had lived in an apartment. But, since I was living in a condo, I needed to contact to my landlord to get fixed stuff. While I was waiting to be contact to my landlord and get fixed the air conditioning, there was mold growing inside and it affected to my baby. After all, she started coughing, vomiting, and always to be holding.

1. After all, I truly got what the mold is, what it does, and how it can affect you especially to babies.

Sorry S, but you haven’t got ‘after all’ quite right there. Although I said it was akin to ‘finally’, it cannot actually replace ‘finally’ in these two examples.

This is because they either lack that idea of something originally not being intended, which then happened.
I came after all. - I came finally, even though there was doubt that I would.
or they lack the fact that this is an explanation for something:
I had to let him come. After all, he is my father. - The only reason I let him come is that he is my father.

Scroll down to the idioms right at the bottom of the page here:
oxfordadvancedlearnersdictio … ll#after_1

Then, what words or phrases does fit in these setences?

1. After all, I ended up holding her for about two hours. (maybe ‘in the end’?)
  2. After all, she started coughing, vomiting, and always to be holding. (eventually?)
  3. After all, I truly got what the mold is, what it does, and how it can affect you especially to babies. (Now?)

Those suggestions fit well, S.