Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Although this grammar is very easy, It sometimes confuses me. I don’t know why. Especially, when I’m speaking or reading fast.

Hello Mr Torsten,
The red ones are possessive form while blue is short form of verb is.
Zerade

Unit 6 - Possessive “s”.

So, why is the «s» sometimes red and sometimes blue?

The “s” red represents the possessive case. For example: The teacher’s book is red.
The “s” blue represents the contracted form of “to be”. For example: She’s my mother.

Is it alright?

the red “s” refers to possessives and the blue “s” contraction of is.

I think the red ‘‘s’’ is used to show that we are refering to ones clothes, names, or anything related to that person.
so it is the possessive ‘‘s’’. While the blue ‘‘s’’ is present simple, she’s my sister = she is my sisiter, for example.

Hi dear Torsten
In fact, the red ones are possessive and the blue ones are verb be.
Isn’t it?
Best regards
Ali

Hello Torsten.
Here are my answers:
We use the ( possessive 's ) to show possession.
I think the blue " 's " is the short form of the verb to be.
e.g He’s a teacher.
And the red one is the possessive case.
e.g Her husband’s name is Mark.
Great attention must be paid so as to recognize when the " 's" is (is) (has) or (possessive).
If the " 's " followed by a main verb in the present participle (ing form) 's=is.
And if it ('s) followed by (a,an etc…+ a noun) 's=is
If the " 's" followed by a main verb in the past participle(ed)(gone) 's=has.

Am I right?

red is possisive
blue is verb to be

Hi
Red “s” mention to owner of something but the blue “s” the abbreviation form of “is”

thank you for the lesson

the blue -s- is an abbreviation to the verb to be.like:he is = he’s

and the red one is used to explain the Possessive own.like:
-my mother’s car is blue = my mother has a blue car.

please correct me if I’ve an error

Dear Torsten,
Thanks for lesson 6. It’s very exciting as you said.
I’ve learned that the red color “s” is possessive form and the blue “s” is the short form of the verb to be. I’ve tried must vs had to test. I got 7 questions right.
Have a nice day.
Best Regards
Thin Thin

Hi Torsten, Sir. My name is Efren from Philippines. I need your help to improve my english.

Dear Torsten,
I think that the red ones are abbreviation of possessives and the blue ones are abbreviation of pronouns.

Hello Mr Torsten, thank you for the Six lesson.
The use of in passage have different meanings.
To begin with, red color. It’s means Possesive form. While the blue read: “it is” as it is(it’s) used in the passage.
Thank you.

red (s) :to be verb
blue (s) : possessive Verb

Hello everybody, finally i could sign in, thank you Torsten.

Well as I see from the examples that you gave us…red 's are possessive and blue 's are verbs (is).

Would be more useful for us if we practice our self with exercise…is this possible?

Best,

Good Morning, sir.
Red " S" are possessives while Blue "S "are verb be,eg.
I’m Sa’id my friend’s name Kabiru.He’s a manager at pure water company.Kabiru’s wife Wasilah has 6 children, she’s a hardworking women.Wasilah’s first born is Muhammad, is a fine boy. I got 10/10 in my test many thanks mr. Torsten.

Hello Torsten

The red s are possessives while the blue s are the verbs.

Hai good evening Mr Torsten

Of course the reds are Possessive forms And the blues short form of is.

Hi Torsten
I would like to answer your question, ie Which colour of the possessive “s” is in - blue or red?
husband’s name ; daughter’s name ; Sarah’s boyfriend ; I think that is red - possessive case;
Regards MrTolek