Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Dear instructor,
The blue is abbreviation and the red one is apostrophes s show the POSSESSIVE Case.

Hey All,

The Blue referes to verb to be Example He is
She is

The red refers to Possessives Exampel Her father’s Name , her daughters’s old school and so on

Hi…Torsten …my answers r( Sarah’s )point out sarah personalty mean some thing about sarah . & (she’s) shows (she is) i hope my way of Explanation is right…thanks…

Dear Torsen

The red ‘s’ is Possessive and the blue ‘s’ is short form of is . in Her husband’s name , ‘s’ is 'Possessive and in He’s an … 's’is he is.
thank you

namskar sir “s” in red is a possesive s and in blue it is a short form of is.

Dear friend;,

This is a photo of Anna, her husband and her children. Her husband’s name is Frank. He’s an engineer. Her daughter’s name is Sarah. She’s 19 and she’s a student. Sarah’s boyfriend is an accountant. His name is Jeremy.

So, why is the «s» sometimes red and sometimes blue?

really i cant to understand this topic can you teach me Please

good

hi,
i’m Borhan. i think the red one belongs to the possessive form and the blue one deals with abbreviation form.

The words in red are possessives of nouns and the words in blue are possessives of pronouns.

Hi, torsten !

Am learning thanks to you . That the beginning i fell so happy but confuse my reading is no that good and my grammar is so bad. I learn by my self and i never have a book or program so completed as your and also taking your time to answer my e-mail.
Thanks for persisting me to study . For the first time that happens to me without paying.

Att . Sonia.

The red ones is the possesive

the blue ones are short form of he is - he’s and she is - she’s
the red ones are possessive ‘s’

Hi,

The red ‘[color=red]s’ is a possessive pronoun. The blue ‘[color=blue]s’ is a verb: 3rd person, present sample verb To Be => he, she, it, ‘is’ => apostroph [color=blue]s

Regards,
Hensiq.

hi, why is the links on my e-mail does not always links to the lessons

Hi.The blue ones are linking verb “is” , and the red ones are possessive “s”.

Hi… red ones for sure :))

[size=150]

red is possessive and blue is verb to be.[/size]

Hello!
The blue ones are abbreviation of the verb to be( IS) - she’s=she is
The red ones are possessive case.

Thanks

red s, it shows the function of possession, and is followed by noun.
blue s, it shows ‘to be’, it is a verb.