Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Hi Torsten and everybody
the blue ones are abbriviated form of is(one of the to be verbs)
and the red ones are possessives.
best regards
sina

My name is Amanullah i am from Afghanistant and i greduated from Ecnomic Fucutly of Kabul now i working with NGO as Finance Assistant i need to learn english langauge but i have some problem in this languoge. when i found your site i very appriceat for sharing and prepaired these losson for all around people thay are living in Word it s very effictive for all thanks so much. recently i have recived your last session about the possessive how can we used i undrestood like this for example the english course is very effictive for us then i try send and share with my best friend Ajmal’s brother he live in the kabul his brother job’s is very professional in this year

Hello Mr. Torsten,

Thank you for lesson 6. I did the test and I could take 9 out of 10 at once . I’m very happy about it. Next time I’ll try to take full makes.

In the short test as I think blue colour indicates “Be” verb such as He’s - He is
and by the red colour it shows us “possesives” such as Husband’s

Thank you so much

If I make mistakes please show me and correct it.

Nadeeshani

The Red One refer to Possessive
And the Blue One refer to the Verb IS
is this Right Torsten ??

hi torsten
i have a same answer like other,red s is expressed for possession and blue one is exprassed when you use short form of is(for example she’s=she is)
thank u for your helpness
fati

hello dear… well the s in blue is the verb to be … ( she ‘s so pretty/ she is so pretty )
the s in red is expressing the possessive… ( Michael’ s songs/ the songs of Michael )
thanks … have good time
I am Vilma Fabiola… from Italy ( Paloschi )… do you remember me ?
I am listening to your audio lessons… the Conversation is too much difficult !!! I don’ t understand anything !!! The other parts are more comprehensible… but the Conversation !..
Oh my God…i am so sad about that…

s blue is the short form of “is” and s red it use for possessive.

Her husband’s name is Frank…(genitive forms)
He’s an engineer. …(abbreviated forms)
Her daughter’s name is Sarah. …(genitive forms)
She’s 19 and she’s a student. …(abbreviated forms)
Sarah’s boyfriend is an accountant. …(genitive forms)

hello sir ^^
i think The blue color is verb to BE and red color is possesive
Thank you for your sixth lesson with topic prossesive
See you with next lesson

blue for,;is.
res for she"s

Dear Mr. Torsten,

Those are my answers:

1. The short forms of be-verb are written in blue color.
  2. Saxon Genitive are written in red color.

The best regards,
Nikola M.

hi.I’m Ervina from Timor-Leste. I’m very pleased to join this English course. I’m really sure that the red refers to the possessive and the blue refers to the To Be as ‘is’

Dear Torsten,
How are you ? Nice talk to you again. I think red color is a possessive.And blue color is verb.

Thanks

nina

hello toren,
i am very sorry for delay to reply
answer for your questions
“S” in red express that possessive and blue in “s” denotes be form
please correct me if I am wrong . thank u very much toren

hi again, it is an easy question :the red one means (possessive s_because it is between two names ) but the blue one is (is _ verb to be but in contraction way ) thanks )

hello sir
red “s” is possessive and blue “s” is short form of is.
heenal

Hello Mr. Torsten,
I’m very thankful to you for sending me e-mails with your lessons. You help me a lot. The answer to your question is: the red ‘s’ shows possessive, while the blue ‘s’ shows contracted forms HE IS and SHE IS. I hope I’m right.
Thank you.

Hi, when s is blue it refers to is, and when s is red it refers to possessive s.

red

Hello everyone
I’m Somphong. The red (s) is possessive noun and the blue one is the short form of be from is