Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Dear Torsten
I’m Tham.
I have the same idea with Naufragis.
The blue color is abbreviation of TO BE and red color is possesive.
Regard,
Tham Tran

Dear Torsten
I’m Tham.
I have the same idea with Naufragis.
The blue color is abbreviation of TO BE and red color is possesive.
Regard,
Tham Tran

hello
The s in red shows the possessive form e.g her husband’s name means the name of her husban
the s in blue is showing the abbreviated version i.e He’s means he is

hello everybody,
the blue s it’s verb to be
the red s idicate the possessive
thank you.

Her boy friend is Peter
Maria´s boyfriend is Peter
She’s a tall girl
She is a tall girl

Scalpel72

Don’t forget the full stops, Scalpel!

Dear Torsten and everybody,

Thanks for always kindly share idea!

I really enjoy studying english with you.

Yours truely,

Dear Torsten

My is Osman sharif,I came from Somalia eat Affrica, I am security service, I married and I have 3 children. Two son and daughter. My wife her name is Sahr. Sh is very nice and kindly, We are enjoying living together in our family,Thats` my profile

Let me describe possessive, Both red and blue shows apostrophe .s. but the red shows something you are belongs to like yours friend your wife, but the blue I think is verb and describe you are

, for example I am 36 years old that describe my age

many thanks
Osman

Hi Torsten,

I think the “s” in red are possesive 's,and the blue ones are short for:he is,she is.
Now i understand what possesive 's are and I feel great because I’m starting to learn from you.
Here’s my personal profile again:
I’m Donna.My surname is Canizo.I’m from Philippines.Its capital is Manila.My mother is Tagalog and my second language is English.I’m a factory worker here in Taiwan.I’m single and my hobbies are reading and surfing the net.
I have my friend here in taiwan,her name is Anna.She is a Taiwanese.She is my line leader in my company where I work for.Anna’s love to play vollleyball and basketball.She had a pet,and the her pet’s name is timmy.

Sir,I hope this are all correct.Thank you for you email.

red s comes for possessive s and and blue one for apostrophy that is ‘is’ .

Dear Torsten,
I think that is blue The Present Simple Tense of the verb to be-is(the third person singular).This is short form of is-'s.Red is possessive 's.I think it is genitive form or Saxon genitive.
Thank you for very interesting tests and topics.You motivate thinking -the mental activity of your learners.
Best regards

Dear Mr. Torsten,
i practice my lesson here.
the blue letter is meaning verb, it is tobe verb in present. there is abbreviate of tobe “is”.
the red letter is meaning possessive pronoun. it describe property of person or things.

Hi sir,
The word with blue “s” is a contraction. For instance, he’s is the contraction of he is. The words with red “s” show possession or ownership.

Thanks,
Annie

The blue colour is for the verb to be; and the red one is for posessives.

Hi, “possessive s” is red.

Dear Toreston,
I think the blue s is for Male and the red one is for famale

Red S is posessive .

Blue S is to be verb .

Hello there,
Thanks for the lesson.Here is the answers:

Her husband’s ----> this is a possessive " s "
He’s an engineer ---->It’s a short form for " He is "
She’s 19 and she’s a student ----> Both are short form of " she is "

It is very easy to notice but the question is when can I use this form " husbands’ ‘’ when the apostrophe came after the “s” . This one really confuse me.

Have a good day,

Hello Mona,

That form is used when there is more than one husband. It is the plural possessive ‘s’.

Their husbands’ cars were parked side by side.
Our husbands’ opinions matter to us.

Dear Torsen,
mY NAME IS Muzzamil Gurashi
I AM from the Khartoum,Sudan,
I’m an employer in Metal Factory l, I’m married