Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

the red one concern possessive term, but the blue one concern the present tense. am sure

Dear Torsten, all teachers and learners.

I think the «s» is sometimes red because it is the possessive “s” and the «s» is sometimes blue because it is the short form of is.

Best regards.
Abdelhamid

hello everybody, I think I’m ready for the next lesson.

Dear Teacher, could you mind to send me my next lesson? It’s worth for me the progress I’d gained from your lesson.

thank you
fil

Hello Torsten,
I’m once more I’m happy to write these few lines to make you sign that the lesson was a success to me. I’ve just answered to the test and had 9 out of 10 that’s to say I’m quite efficient on this kind of tests. About possessives, I’m greatly happy to have mastered them and still need your help about some more exercices for my wellfare.
Best Regards !!!
Albert KHONDE

Hi Albert,

Good to hear you had fun doing the exercises! Let me know if you need help or explanations :wink:

All the best,

Ralf

Hello Mr. Torsten,
Thank you for your lessons.
I’ve finished the exercise about the articles, and it is so easy for me. I get 10/10 correct answers.
I also thank you for the reminder. I should practise E more regularly, I know. And I’m trying to do like that.
Thank you once more.

I think they are used to say that one person or thing belongs to another or it is connected to another where the apostrophe s(´s) works as a contraction.

Hi Torsten,
reds are possessive - her husband’s name …mean the name of her husband.

• Sara’s boyfriend is… mean the boyfriend of Sara.

blue are short form of verb to be - She’s 19 and she’s student … mean she is 19 and she is student.
Felix

Dear Torsten, all teachers and learners.

I appreciate your lessons and tests. By the way, I have got nine questions rights on the first attempt in the test called Modal Verbs. So I am improving my language.

Thank you very much.
Abdelhamid

Hi Torsten and everyone,

The red “s” is for the PROGRESSIVE’S
The blue “s” is the BE verb in present simple.

And i did the test my score is 7/10

The[color=red] red s- means the possessive meaning & the [color=blue]blue one is the verb to be. :slight_smile:

My name is james I am Haitian I from Port-au-Prince it’s the capital city of Haiti my country is the first blacks independent Republic in the world but I am very proud of my country like many people that are so proud about their country too. My mother tongue is creole but many people in my country speak and write french very well some of them speak english fluently too, our life is not too easy in Haiti. her historics places are beautifull but in to most of places there are the statue of the heros independance.

Hi James,

Many thanks for joining our forum and posting your personal profile which is very interesting. I’ve made a few suggestions in bold:

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: What type of wine do you prefer?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Mrs. Torsten I’m sorry to have make a mistake beacause I did not see what the question mained exactly. but sorry Mrs. the question it was not dificult.

The red to show us the owner of thing
Ex. the car of John (John’s car)

The blue To showus the contaction of verb to
Ex.she is my wife ( she’s my wife) .It Is my car(It’s my car)

Hi James,

That’s exactly right! Thanks a lot for your quick response. By the way, I was very glad to read the text about Port-au-Prince and would like to learn more about you and your country.

I look forward to your next messages.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How soon can you finish taking inventory?[YSaerTTEW443543]

dear Torsten:
hello
I think the red coler is indicator possessive ‘s’ .
and we must to know is difrence withbeen 's’blue and 's’red .

Dear Torsten,

He’s an engineer. She’s a student. - are contractions of he is and she is - To Be- 3rd person singular.
Her husband’s name… Sarah’s boyfriend… are possessive case.
Thank you Torsten, the lessons are always good and easy to understand !
Maria Lúcia

Dear Ehsan and Maria,

You are absolutely right – the blue “s” is the short form of “is” while the red “s” is the so called “possessive s”. Many thanks for doing such an excellent job. Keep up the great work!
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How should we pay for the shipment?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hy!

Answer for Lesson 6, possessives.
The “s” is red in the text when is the possessive s and it is blue when it is the short form of “is”.

Julia

Hi Torsten,
Why do you write in the lesson “Today is an exciting today” and not "Today is an exciting day?
I didn’t understand.