Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hello!

This is particularly for you as you heve been teaching me everything that is being asked. So, I like your teaching and you’re a targeted teacher for me.

Here it goes.
If I happen to meet a new person or anyone who seems to be new at that moment and if he introduces himself like:
1.Hello, I’m Mr.X
2.Thank you
3.Fine thank you
4.You’re welcome
Therefore, how should I reply these each sentence in a polite way?

hello torsten still i can’t understand its and it’s how to use and when to use pls. help me in details. I only know it is used for an object.

As a response to 'Hello, I’m Mr. X" then a typical response would be, “I’m pleased to meet you.”
You might need to introduce yourself in return, in which case the response might be, “I’m pleased to meet you. I’m Mrs. Y”
Or, if you have already been introduced and want to continue the conversation, you might say, “I’m pleased to meet you. How are you?”

‘How are you?’ is a general greeting, and most of the time (unless it is someone with whom you are particularly friendly) the questioner doesn’t really want to know about any troubles or problems. Only a general reply is required.
Typical answers in response to ‘How are you?’ include:
I’m fine thanks. And you?
I’m very well, thank you.
I’m quite well. How are you?

Hello madam,

I got it, thank you so much.

hi torsten, in my begining i was thinking i will never know new english word, but with your advices i feel the diferent, the and i’m looking for more questions, thx again

hello Torsten
I am happy with your course
It is very simple ,I want more per a lesson
so kindly send me more
thank you for sending lessons regularly
Regards
tirupati

1 what are the meanings of gonna and gotta
2 what is won’t meaning and give all other words like this,

1. They don’t exist in standard written English. They are slang words derived from slovenly speech patterns, and shouldn’t be used except in the most extreme of informal spoken situations.
    Get used to saying ‘going to’ and ‘got to’ - or better still for the latter - ‘have to’.

2. Won’t is the shortened form of will not.
    I won’t do it = I will not do it.

Other contractions include don’t - do not; shan’t = shall not; can’t - can not and mustn’t - must not.

Hi Hunted, I’m pleased to hear you like our course. You can improve your English even more if you start following the most basic rules. You will find details here: english-test.net/community/i … ing_skills

Also, please remember that the noun ‘advice’ is uncountable so the word ‘advises’ does not exist.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Girls shopping[YSaerTTEW443543]

many thanks of you every day start with your amile this lesson was very easy wethankes of your theach is very good . zohrehstar

Hi Torsten

Thanks for your mails.
I like the tests.
Thank you very much

hello torsten,
hats off for your amazing work.
actually i just want to increase my vocabulary and i want to take toefl.could you help me out?

regards
manpreet singh

Hello Torsten, Your forum is really more than wonderful . It helps to learn and understand English easily.I did not get the full mark in the test., but many of the other tests I got 8 and some other tests I got 9. I will do my best to get full mark. But the test of vocabulary that have multiply choice of colours was really difficult and I got only 3 out of 10 . Thank you for your interest . Egab

Hai Mr.Torsten

I learned possessive adjectives but I need more sentence for good understanding.
I cannot understand it’s & it. please teach me again.

Best Regards,
umaiyaal.

Hi Umaiyaal,

Please read the following post again and let me know what exactly you don’t understand: Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The main pipe line[YSaerTTEW443543]

hi dear toresten
i ,you ,he ,she it ,personal pronouns and we , yuo .they ,weplural pronoun.
my ,his yours her its .possevs adjtive.
thank you
muhammad .i forget test yasterday ,one iget 6 scor another i get 9. 9

thi is my car .it’svaluxhall ,thios adjective for car ,second for clour.
muhammad

Hitorsten,
Tankes for you contace to me . my name sao samnang

Hi Torsten,
I like your english teaching course.
I just finished with the test of Finish vs. End.
I like the test. I have scored 9 out of 10. Though I answered 9 answers correctly, I am not satiated. I have given the answer based on my experience of english reading.
But I don’t know the exact rule when to use end or finish. Is there any grammatical rule?
Thanks in anticipation.

Best regards,
Pinakin Makwana

Hi Mr. Torsten

I’m from Brasil, live in São Paulo i like so much of inglish but i writen very bad,
but i want larner more and your lesson is fundamental for my learning .

Thank you for your attention
Otavio Bernardes

Dear Torsten,
I’d like to know what are the difficence between some one and me and some one and I. Please answer my question.

With best regards,

Salai