Popsockets at McDonald's - I'm shocked

I would not have thought that this might happen but it has: For the first time in my life I have come across an English word at a McDonald’s in Germany that I don’t know. And yet here it is: popsockets

I saw it today at the McDonald’s of my choice.

3 Likes

I help out a middle school English teacher in Lahore, Pakistan and one of her students used this word in an essay and the teacher too was baffled. Kids today!

2 Likes

I’ve recently read that more than 4000 words are added each year to the OED each year. Maybe popsocket was added in 2018?

2 Likes

PopSockets® is a registered trademark. I wonder if that affects whether it is added to dictionaries?

3 Likes

I guess it will fall into the same category as other brand names that have been added to dictionaries such as Twitter, Google, Facebook and Rollerblade.

2 Likes

With all that wonderful German food available, why would you set foot in McDonalds? Research? :wink:

2 Likes

I thought McDonald’s was wonderful German food :joy:?

1 Like

I acutally have some of this popsockets… in case you don’t know about popsockets I will tell you about right away…
A PopSocket is principally utilized as a stand and as a grasp for your cell phone. The little extra is very convenient for taking selfies, watching recordings, and in any event, for messaging. The advantages of utilizing a PopSocket make it an absolute necessity have portable embellishment…
there are so many types of popsockets

1. Blank popsockets
  2. Custom Popsockets
  3. Car phone holder popsockets.

You can get bulk popsockets if you are planning to sell them… it is in trend in youth… people customize it in very different ways that I too get surprised by their creativity.

I hope this comment is useful and informative for you…

3 Likes